2021 Prospect: 2021 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
BBAMA i went to high school in LA, tremendous pressure on kids there to stay instate. If I'm a receiver recruit , i gotta know what the plan for QB is.
A gross understatement. Lived in Louisiana for quite a few years. Lots of nice people but they kinda` lose their minds when it comes to LSU football. No offense to Tulane or UL or any other Louisiana school, but even the kids who attend other colleges go to BR for a Saturday night game. Pretty much everybody`s an LSU fan, at least that was the case when I was there.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Arnold committing 1 week from today. If we only have room for 3, do we take Adeleye, Worthy and Arnold or Adeleye, Worthy and Thomas or Adeleye, Arnold and Thomas, etc., etc. Which 3 do we take if all 3 wanted to commit?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Arnold committing 1 week from today. If we only have room for 3, do we take Adeleye, Worthy and Arnold or Adeleye, Worthy and Thomas or Adeleye, Arnold and Thomas, etc., etc. Which 3 do we take if all 3 wanted to commit?
Hard to say but I believe Jam said JTT and Turner are higher on our board than Adeleye. We may not get either but if they did that may take him out of the picture. I think we end up taking 4 more and my wish list would be JTT, Turner, Ryan and Thomas (Arnold if no Ryan and Worthy if no Thomas).

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Hard to say but I believe Jam said JTT and Turner are higher on our board than Adeleye. We may not get either but if they did that may take him out of the picture. I think we end up taking 4 more and my wish list would be JTT, Turner, Ryan and Thomas (Arnold if no Ryan and Worthy if no Thomas).
I’m in a dilemma on Thomas and Worthy. Thomas is rated higher but we seem to have such a better/proven track record developing that 6’0-6-1 guy versus the 6’4 and taller receivers. Love Worthy’s speed too.
Turner is underrated and can move for his size. Not sure about the competition out west that JTT plays but if Jam is saying he is good I’ll take it.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I’m in a dilemma on Thomas and Worthy. Thomas is rated higher but we seem to have such a better/proven track record developing that 6’0-6-1 guy versus the 6’4 and taller receivers. Love Worthy’s speed too.
Turner is underrated and can move for his size. Not sure about the competition out west that JTT plays but if Jam is saying he is good I’ll take it.
I'm having the same dilemma with Thomas and Worthy. Julio is really the only "big" WR we have had that was a beast and we have had a bunch in that 6' range as you point out. We already have two big WR's committed in this class so I am sort of leaning to Worthy even though I just said Thomas :LOL: :LOL:

Reactions: Tiderollin32

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I'm having the same dilemma with Thomas and Worthy. Julio is really the only "big" WR we have had that was a beast and we have had a bunch in that 6' range as you point out. We already have two big WR's committed in this class so I am sort of leaning to Worthy even though I just said Thomas :LOL: :LOL:
This reminds me of christmas at my house when i was young. We were allowed to open 1 present only on Christmas eve. Do you go for the biggest box or maybe that smaller one that might be that G.I. Joe tank you've been hoping for. I always went for the big box so Thomas is my pick.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Lets be real: it takes a certain trait in quarterbacks to fully utilize their talents (cough *arm talent*cough). How many legitimately elite throwers have we had when we had these big receivers? Won’t be an issue now. Give me the tall guy, we’ve got the speed, time to get the jump ball/ back shoulder fade guys.

Reactions: Tiderollin32

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Lets be real: it takes a certain trait in quarterbacks to fully utilize their talents (cough *arm talent*cough). How many legitimately elite throwers have we had when we had these big receivers? Won’t be an issue now. Give me the tall guy, we’ve got the speed, time to get the jump ball/ back shoulder fade guys.
I see where you’re getting at. I just was saying we’ve had a better record maybe recently with the slightly shorter receivers. Make no mistake I’m for whoever the coaches feel are the best fit. We do have Jacorey Brooks and Agyle Hall committed so having another one is great!

Reactions: AlexanderFan

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Jam, tider or anybody that knows who is higher on bamas receiver board , worthy or thomas?

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Jam, tider or anybody that knows who is higher on bamas receiver board , worthy or thomas?
Worthy is higher on the board and will come down to who commits first Worthy or Thomas.
Worthy is elite. He is is a combo of Smitty (route and hands) and Waddle's speed.
Turner is still a priority.
JTT is still a possibility.
Arnold will be interesting as he will be in town with Adeleye.

Reactions: TiderJack

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Worthy is higher on the board and will come down to who commits first Worthy or Thomas.
Worthy is elite. He is is a combo of Smitty (route and hands) and Waddle's speed.
Turner is still a priority.
JTT is still a possibility.
Arnold will be interesting as he will be in town with Adeleye.
I know rodney orr thinks the world of worthy, JTT, I hate to write this , but I don't see it. Adeleye I think comes on board. Turner is the guy we need, mean, nasty and we are having a hard time this year securing the edge. Arnold says he wants to take an OV but the circumstances presently might not allow it. 23 commits now, history tells us that probably 1 of our guys decommits. That i think puts in the 3 or 4 more guys. Predicting 4 so here we go. Adele, Turner, worthy and a mystery guest, always one guy comes out of nowhere.

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Adeleye, Worthy and Turner would be a nice finish. I still think Arnold will be part of the class. As far as history has shown us losing a guy or two. I know at what time there were rumlings about Callaway flipping to Miss State. but nothing has been mentioned about that for a good while now.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
This finish is hard to predict because we are in good shape with 3 or 4 guys but do not lead. Seems like to me it's first come , first served, we know who I'm talking about, worthy or thomas, adeleye or Turner, Arnold or could we convince sage to reconsider, I've always considered recruiting to be an interesting study.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.