2021 Starting Lineup

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Way too soon for all of this. Arguably the best recruiting class in our history will be on campus battling for spots and sure more than one is capable of starting...including a certain RB that has yet to sign.

Sensation77

Scout Team
Sep 18, 2006
Gallatin, Tennessee, United States
Way too soon for all of this. Arguably the best recruiting class in our history will be on campus battling for spots and sure more than one is capable of starting...including a certain RB that has yet to sign.
I agree. If history is any indication, there will be true freshmen that start, and/or play meaningful snaps. Which is a good thing, because there is already a ton of talent on the roster. #BamaProblems

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I have the same question. I saw an interview with Barmore on the SEC Network. It was regarding the first game of next year with Miami. The interviewer confirmed he was a sophomore and that he would be back next year, so she wanted to know his thoughts on Miami. Christian just kind of nodded his head about being back, and said he assumed Miami would be good but, since they weren't on the schedule, we hadn't looked at them at all. The interview left me confused on if will be back or not.
I'd guess the interviewer had bad information and Christian just didn't worry about trying to correct her and rolled with the question about Miami. Signing in 2018 (as the OP said), he was on the team in 18, 19 and 20 so is eligible if he wants to go.

Greg

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
On defense, Barmore is a sophomore (recruiting class of 2018) - doesn't he have to return or am I missing something?
My understanding is that he`s a third year sophomore. That makes him draft eligible. Last part of the season, culminating in being a one man wrecking crew last night, he may have played himself into being a high draft choice. I imagine he`ll be having a serious conversation with CNS.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Is Milroe cut from the Justin Fields mold in style of play?
He is big (6'3", 210 lbs) and fast, and he has a very accurate arm. I have watched his film and he is not as fluid a runner as Fields, but he might be a better passer.

Reactions: Rush

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Is Milroe cut from the Justin Fields mold in style of play?
Yes...that's my understanding. BY and Milroe are considered dual threat.

I think BY is probably more comparable to early Tua. Smaller, but very accurate.

From what I remember about Milroe he's more like Jalen Hurts: big and strong, a good runner, strong arm but not as accurate (at this point).

Tenntiderman

All-American
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
I thought the Defense played well considering the situation. OSU had some 'limitations' although the young man who stepped up for Sermon was no downgrade. Fields was not quote himself but didnt seem to matter st times. But our Defense lost Battle with the targeting call. Dont recall how that affected coverage but it seemed like CPG did a good job with the calls. I cant always tell how good coverage is on tv unless players are all turned around. Overall..I thought our D stepped up and did their jobs.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.