Game Thread: 2021 World Series Game 1: Atlanta Braves at Houston Astros

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama

I'm sure the author was drunk when he wrote it, but he picked Atlanta to win in seven games.

My goodness, I'd lose it if that happened.

Not sure what "it" is that I'd lose, but I'm sure I'd lose it.
Well I just want one win to get this 96 Game 3 curse out of our mouth. After that let’s think about winning it all.

Let’s also acknowledge that the last time the Stros were in the series they lost all 4 games at Home.

CrimsonMapper

1st Team
Apr 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL
I just tried to get game 4 tickets from the public sale on Ticketmaster. They had several tickets left, I just couldn't pay $500 a piece for 300 level or $350 for standing room only tickets. Oh well, I'll enjoy it from my couch.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I just tried to get game 4 tickets from the public sale on Ticketmaster. They had several tickets left, I just couldn't pay $500 a piece for 300 level or $350 for standing room only tickets. Oh well, I'll enjoy it from my couch.
I heard $900 for upper deck and $2500 field level for tonight's game, but no specifics on exactly where in those levels.

CrimsonMapper

1st Team
Apr 19, 2006
Montgomery, AL
I heard $900 for upper deck and $2500 field level for tonight's game, but no specifics on exactly where in those levels.
Yeah, Stubhub was even more absurd for games 3-5, but the prices I quoted were face value prices from the Braves. I know someone that just paid over $800 after fees for 2 face value standing room only tickets. On Stubhub, Chophouse seats were going for $3,300 the other day.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I could see myself one day {in my “grouchy old man voice” which BTW oddly enough sounds a lot like my voice at present} saying to my grandkids “I remember way back in 2021 when I took out a second mortgage on the old homestead to get World Series tickets for me and your Memaw to see the Braves and the Astros….”

“And that’s the reason there is no inheritance…”

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
I think we have a real shot here. Their lineup may be more dangerous, especially with the DH games, but ours is really clicking now too. And our starting pitching is a lot better. It will take dominant performances from Morton, Fried, and Anderson, but we have seen that from all of them lately. Just need to put it all together now!!

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Its kinda weird that most outside fans are cheering for the Braves in the World Series this time...

Lets do this
About 99% of MLB fans are pulling for the Braves and it's not so much because we are 'America's Team'.

It's because Baseball fans are largely 'Pure' because the game is supposed to be pure and because of that we all tend to HATE cheating and the cheaters who do the cheating.

The Sport itself has a history of blacklisting cheaters...

All that to say... The Houston Astros are Cheaters and by and large EVERYONE... HATES THEM.

The Braves are the underdogs in this World Series, so I will take the extra National support...lol

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I can't believe Game 1 begins tonight already.... I feel like I haven't had enough time to process everything yet.

I mean HOW in the heck are we even here???

Oh well it doesn't matter because we are!!!

What are everyone's thoughts about the 1st 2 games in Houston?

I feel like we HAVE to find a way to take at least 1 Game.

If we can get the series to ATL at 1-1 or 2-0 then I think we will have a legit chance to pull off a crazy World Series Upset.

If we go down 0-2 it will be TOUGH.

No matter what I'm going to keep on Chopping!!!

Let's DO THIS!!!!!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.