2022 Basketball Recruiting thread

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
2022 Commitments:
updated 11/11/2021, ordered by national rank

Brandon Miller - 5* (National #11) - SF (signed)
Jaden Bradley - 5* (National #18) - PG (signed)
Noah Clowney - 4* (National #62) - PF (signed)
Rylan Griffen - 4* (National #71) - SG (signed)
Nick Pringle - 4* (JUCO #2) - PF (signed)

Saw someone request that this thread get created, so here it is. I’m gonna rely on you guys to post some info here.

RTR!

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I've been holding off on posting '22 recruiting notes until concrete news starting surfacing. A lot of stuff has still been quiet because of COVID of course. As of now, here are the three players currently showing the most interest:

Barry is a top target for us. He looks to be the top player the state and CNO continues to be dedicated to bring in the top talent from the state.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The above list will most likely change once the dead period for recruiting ends. PG will most likely be a priority position for the class so don't be surprised to see some big names pop up in the next few months. Here are two of the guys that would could see in the mix for PG:

Was a Syracuse commit but de-committed at the end of last year. Won't be surprised to see us push hard for him but he may be pro bound.

Is another player that can possibly gain interest. Don't let the ranking fool you, this young man can ball. he is fearless and reminds me a LOT of Colin Sexton. He doesn't back down from a challenge. And if we're going old school, he reminds me a lot of Isiah Thomas.

So here's the starting point, we will more of a concrete list before the end of the summer.

Last edited:

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL

CHES-Franklin

Scout Team
Aug 21, 2008
Franklin, TN
5* SF Brandon Miller also appears to be showing some interest. His dad played football at Bama, so that might help.

I tried finding it, but couldn't. Who is his dad?

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I tried finding it, but couldn't. Who is his dad?
I believe it may be Jai Miller who was a 2003 recruit committed to Stanford who ended up playing MLB instead and then walked on at Bama in 2013. I remember him, great baseball player and athlete and thought he may contribute but when you sit out a decade it's hard to get it back. Not sure but maybe....

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I believe it may be Jai Miller who was a 2003 recruit committed to Stanford who ended up playing MLB instead and then walked on at Bama in 2013. I remember him, great baseball player and athlete and thought he may contribute but when you sit out a decade it's hard to get it back. Not sure but maybe....

If he was a 2003 recruit, he'd be a lot older than 27. That article has some holes in it.

EDIT: Now I see it, that's an article form 2013 that was updated in 2019. That was darn confusing.

Reactions: TiderJack

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Creighton, Oregon and Bama. Again, this is based on 247sports so this can change at any time. Shaedon hasn't listed his official top teams as of yet. I see he also plays for Uplay Canada, the same program that Primo, KAH and Bediako played for so hopefully that bodes well for us.

Reactions: mlingerfelt31

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Just phenomenal the level of talent that we are getting and are interested in us. I remember the days when one four star was celebrated (basketball AND football)
Yep. I remember the Shula years when we were signing 75% 3*'s and thinking the recruiting services were not ranking them correctly. In hindsight we now know most deserved the 3* ranking and Shula did little to develop. We are in a recruiting era in both basketball and football that is amazing and we need to appreciate it.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
My hope for Alabama basketball is that we get guys in the top 20-50 range that will hang around 2-3 years so Oats can build something. Calapari has shown recently that one and done does not cut it.

Reactions: seebell

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Biggest game changer right now is GLeague removing the impetus for being a 1 and done. We've missed on several recruits as a result.

In a way that's a good thing. May have some guys that will reveal themselves to be 1 and dones like Isaac did for us, but for the most part this will keep rosters deeper and basketball more fun.

Transfer rules need to be reined in though.

Reactions: BamaInBham

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.