2022 MLB Season Thread

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
The first one was "Meh" I can see why.

The last two were criminal.

Let's be honest - many times a balk is like they say about holding, you could call one on most every pitch, but the umps let them play. But good night that was bad. I was losing it.
MLB Ump's Official Doing a Balk Rules:

1. You can’t just be up there and just doin’ a balk like that.

1a. A balk is when you
    1b. Okay well listen. A balk is when you balk the
    1c. Let me start over

1c-a. The pitcher is not allowed to do a motion to the, uh, batter, that prohibits the batter from doing, you know, just trying to hit the ball. You can’t do that.

1c-b. Once the pitcher is in the stretch, he can’t be over here and say to the runner, like, “I’m gonna get ya! I’m gonna tag you out! You better watch your butt!” and then just be like he didn’t even do that.

1c-b(1). Like, if you’re about to pitch and then don’t pitch, you have to still pitch. You cannot not pitch. Does that make any sense?

1c-b(2). You gotta be, throwing motion of the ball, and then, until you just throw it.

1c-b(2)-a. Okay, well, you can have the ball up here, like this, but then there’s the balk you gotta think about.

1c-b(2)-b. Fairuza Balk hasn’t been in any movies in forever. I hope she wasn’t typecast as that racist lady in American History X.
    1c-b(2)-b(i). Oh wait, she was in The Waterboy too! That would be even worse.
    1c-b(2)-b(ii). “get in mah bellah” — Adam Water, “The Waterboy.” Haha, classic…

1c-b(3). Okay seriously though. A balk is when the pitcher makes a movement that, as determined by, when you do a move involving the baseball and field of

2) Do not do a balk please.
2a. Especially not three times in a single at-bat.

2b. It's a rule.

2c. Trust me

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
The first one was "Meh" I can see why.

The last two were criminal.

Let's be honest - many times a balk is like they say about holding, you could call one on most every pitch, but the umps let them play. But good night that was bad. I was losing it.
As much as they let pitchers twitch, rock, and shimmy in the set position nowadays, I'm not sure how umpires can actually call many balks at all.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.