2022 MLB Season Thread

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
I was able to watch a little bit as I brewery hopped in Colorado. Acuna’s pitcher was awful. Rodriguez’ pitcher was fantastic.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Julio Rodriguez is the next superstar of MLB. I was able to watch him play in Arlington this past weekend before last night's HR derby. The ball simply comes off this kid's bat different than ANYBODY on the field and at 6'3 and approximately 200+ lbs, moves like a cheetah in the outfield. This kid is something special.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
I think I heard on the broadcast that Rodriguez was making the league minimum this year, which made me root for him vs. Soto, who's about to make bank from some free-spending contender. Rodriguez will get paid soon - makes me think of little of Griffey, Jr except from the other side. Seems like a nice, well-spoken kid, too.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Even when we put 29 on the Marlins it didn’t feel this bad.
Well, that was partly because that season was so messed up all the way around that it was a clear anomaly; most folks weren't even paying attention (which is bizarre but whatever).

I always love saying, though, my "two teams" (Braves first, Rangers second) have the two highest run totals in modern MLB history.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well, that was partly because that season was so messed up all the way around that it was a clear anomaly; most folks weren't even paying attention (which is bizarre but whatever).

I always love saying, though, my "two teams" (Braves first, Rangers second) have the two highest run totals in modern MLB history.
My question is how do you hit an inside the park grand slam at Fenway… and it isn’t your organization’s first time accomplishing that feat at Fenway.

Also with all of the missed balls in the lights at Fenway this year might show the need for a modern stadium

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
My question is how do you hit an inside the park grand slam at Fenway… and it isn’t your organization’s first time accomplishing that feat at Fenway.

Also with all of the missed balls in the lights at Fenway this year might show the need for a modern stadium
I was not watching at that point, and that was my immediate thought - "how in the world do you hit a grand slam in Fenway Park?" I mean, that's nearly impossible you'd think. The one way I imagined it could be done is if someone hit it into that triangle in cut area, the fielder leaped for a catch and fell down, and the ball careened away from the outfielder and either shot past the other pursuing fielder OR just died on the spot.

I would have never guessed the way it happened - where he basically lost the ball in the lights.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I was not watching at that point, and that was my immediate thought - "how in the world do you hit a grand slam in Fenway Park?" I mean, that's nearly impossible you'd think. The one way I imagined it could be done is if someone hit it into that triangle in cut area, the fielder leaped for a catch and fell down, and the ball careened away from the outfielder and either shot past the other pursuing fielder OR just died on the spot.

I would have never guessed the way it happened - where he basically lost the ball in the lights.
But it just seems to only happen in stadiums like Fenway and Wrigley. Is the lightning that bad?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.