2022 NFL Draft

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Chris Allen to the Broncos
Can we flag this post and revisit it in 3 years? I think CA has first round talent , he was injured or recovering from injury every year so didn’t show it. Didn’t get game experience consistently to develop. His biggest knock is getting bendy at the apex of his rush. His film against Miami showed vast improvement before the injury. The Broncos drafted an edge rusher with their first pick(2nd rd) , still looking to replace Miller. I think Allen will push him by year 2 if he makes the roster.
Chris Allen’s draft profile strengths from NFL.com-

• All-day NFL body type with good musculation.
  • Possesses premium physical traits as building block.
  • Won't be pushed around by most tackles at point of attack.
  • Bend, leverage and length to set a firm edge.
  • Upper-body power and twitch to punch, stack and discard.
  • Moldable upside as pass rusher.
  • Sufficient upfield burst to attack the edge.
  • Will work to quarterback depth and counter back under.
  • Fairly smooth when dropping and covering in space.

Reactions: BamaDenver

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
players drafted by team

Georgia: 15
LSU: 10
Cincy: 9
Penn State: 8
Alabama: 7

I have seen a couple different totals out there, but i think the SEC is around 65 drafted players in this draft
That Georgia number is from holding the hose and letting it all out this year. The water pressure in Athens is gonna be low in 22

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
That Georgia number is from holding the hose and letting it all out this year. The water pressure in Athens is gonna be low in 22
anyone realistic will not expect huge things from Georgia this upcoming season. However, I do expect for Georgia to still win 10 games in the regular season at minimum. Georgia has a favorable schedule and Georgia brings back pretty much all of the offense. While many wont believe it, Georgia's offense was the best in school history last year. Now, the defense was giving that offense favorable field position. However, Georgia was 4th in the country in offensive efficiency with 6.9 yards per play. Georgia will have some concerns across the board with the defense especially with all of the talent lost. However, the recruiting has been top notch and Georgia did a good job last year at getting a lot of guys playing time when they were up in the 3rd and 4th quarter

again, I do not expect for Georgia to win a national championship or SEC championship. the quick and easy picks for the national title game are Alabama vs Ohio State.

If Georgia goes 10-2 it wont be upsetting, but it wont be great either due to the schedule. Oregon, TN and south carolina are currently my top 3 worries on the schedule. I think Georgia gets past Oregon and TN (at home) but an early road game against what i think will be a decent south carolina team could pose some threats to a young Georgia defense.

way too early here but if Georgia goes 11-1 with a loss to alabama in the SEC and wins a NY6 bowl to go 12-2 after losing 15 players to the NFL draft, thats a very successful year. If Georgia goes 10-3, that's a disappointment but wont be the end of the world.

Reactions: Rush

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Slade's decision to go pro was just dumb. He would have had a better shot transferring and playing this year.
I see nothing for him or Daniel Wright on the UDFA tracker either. There was talk of Slade getting interest from the Chiefs and Patriots, but that seems to have fizzled out. I saw some talk on an NFL board about Wright possibly signing with the Dolphins, but can’t find anything else about it.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Jobe to the Steelers in the 6th would have made a lot of sense as it is a position of need for them, yet they drafted a fullback.

It's times like this when I am reminded just how little I evidently know about running an NFL franchise.
Or, conversely, how clueless many NFL GM's actually are.

Both sides can make a solid argument. :)

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I think he has his ceiling.

Happy to be proven wrong, but he's not shown untapped potential. Solid player, but always a bit of a stretch to make it in the NFL, imo.
Yeah , My opinion as well. His freshman year though, we thought he may be a game changer. So there is hope.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Jobe to the Steelers in the 6th would have made a lot of sense as it is a position of need for them, yet they drafted a fullback.

It's times like this when I am reminded just how little I evidently know about running an NFL franchise.
Steelers needed a qb and some offensive linemen. The defense is pretty much in tact and especially at DB and safety. If anything on defense we needed a DL. But right now building the offense around Najee is the main goal.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.