BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
Most players drafted in 2022 draft so far

Georgia Bulldogs. - 14
Cincinnati Bearcats- 9
Alabama Crimson Tide- 7

didnt see that coming. Is that the most by any mid major, G5 team in history?
I wonder if another random player from Georgia will get drafted so that they can tie the record. The TE that got drafted in the 6th Round was someone I'd never heard of (probably because he wasn't Brock Bowers) who had 6 catches for 83 yards last year.

• Wow
Reactions: seebell

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Most players drafted in 2022 draft so far

Georgia Bulldogs. - 14
Cincinnati Bearcats- 9
Alabama Crimson Tide- 7

didnt see that coming. Is that the most by any mid major, G5 team in history?
Cincy isn’t your typical mid major team. They are a program that has built up to being better than many P5 teams.

Two things blocked them from the B1G and that is them not being AAU and Ohio st. I kinda felt that they should have been ACC with Pitt but they chose Big XII. But they will probably run the Big XII with Baylor for years once Texas and Oklahoma leave.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Cincinnati was a legit team. I still say they’d have been an 8-4 maybe 9-3 team vs a full SEC West schedule though.
I agree, especially considering how easily Bama handled them. But with a down year in CFB , especially on the offensive side, the draft sort of validates Cincy as a playoff team if anyone had doubts before. Their defense though, was no joke. Especially on the backend.

Reactions: TideEngineer08

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Cincy isn’t your typical mid major team. They are a program that has built up to being better than many P5 teams.

Two things blocked them from the B1G and that is them not being AAU and Ohio st. I kinda felt that they should have been ACC with Pitt but they chose Big XII. But they will probably run the Big XII with Baylor for years once Texas and Oklahoma leave.
Cincy starts the season next year @ arkansas.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I wonder if another random player from Georgia will get drafted so that they can tie the record. The TE that got drafted in the 6th Round was someone I'd never heard of (probably because he wasn't Brock Bowers) who had 6 catches for 83 yards last year.
The CB transfer from Clemson that got drafted, Kendrick , ran a 4.8 forty. And they expect him to cover NFL receivers??

• Wow

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
GA and Cincy are done. All of their players who were possible draft choices have been selected.
Georgia idk. I think Alabama wins and eliminates them in Atlanta. I think aside from South Carolina I don’t see an extremely tough game for them. Maybe Tennessee… maybe Florida. Perhaps Kentucky has some hidden talent. But I just don’t see them losing the East.

Cincy probably takes a big step back and will rebuild for next year.

Reactions: Con

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Cincinnati was a legit team. I still say they’d have been an 8-4 maybe 9-3 team vs a full SEC West schedule though.
agree - they had some talent, but I do wonder how they will all fare in the NFL since most of their competition was not as good, and with a completely non-descript, boring, old school gameplan we basically ran the ball down their throat and made them act like they liked it. Their DL and LB's were no where near up to the task against one of the least good OLs we have fielded in the last 15 years.

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
Apparently we only draft the wrong Alabama players.

I love BRob and will enjoy having him but man we didn't really need a RB. We needed a lot of other things.

Oh well. Maybe we'll be so bad Rivera will get fired and we can draft Bryce
I wanted us to take Jameson instead of trading down. But I actually think the team needed a thumper at running back , to complement Gibson and little McKissic. I think BRob will be a valuable depth piece in the Commanders backfield.

Reactions: OakMtn4Bama

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I wanted us to take Jameson instead of trading down. But I actually think the team needed a thumper at running back , to complement Gibson and little McKissic. I think BRob will be a valuable depth piece in the Commanders backfield.
He'll be solid. I'm just not a huge fan of using higher draft picks on RBs. Especially when it feels like we have plenty of other holes.

I'm more upset about Mathis than BRob though.

Reactions: tideindc

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Georgia idk. I think Alabama wins and eliminates them in Atlanta. I think aside from South Carolina I don’t see an extremely tough game for them. Maybe Tennessee… maybe Florida. Perhaps Kentucky has some hidden talent. But I just don’t see them losing the East.

Cincy probably takes a big step back and will rebuild for next year.
Sorry, I meant that their players are all drafted. They are done with this year's draft

• Thank You
Reactions: Con and 81usaf92

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Probably, but this draft is a reflection of that coaching staff plus a senior laden team. These kids getting drafted were not highly rated out of HS. They were coached up.
Agreed. You can’t not be impressed with what Fickle and company has done with that program. And I may be selling them a bit short. I think they could have beaten any SEC team but Alabama and Georgia. I think attrition would have kept them south of 10 wins in an SEC schedule but if they could have stayed healthy in this hypothetical, they could have been a 10-2 SEC team.

Reactions: tideindc

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Agreed. You can’t not be impressed with what Fickle and company has done with that program. And I may be selling them a bit short. I think they could have beaten any SEC team but Alabama and Georgia. I think attrition would have kept them south of 10 wins in an SEC schedule but if they could have stayed healthy in this hypothetical, they could have been a 10-2 SEC team.
I think Ole Miss might have beaten them.

• Thank You
Reactions: TideEngineer08

Bpilktree

1st Team
Jan 7, 2019
I hate that Jobe didn’t get drafted. He was very good the year before, this season he played banged up a lot this season and often in games he probably wouldn’t have played if we are not trying to win a National Championship. So teams see some of the struggles he had it gives them negative feeling. Then he isn’t 100% for combine because he didn’t quit mid season and just get healthy for the draft. He has some concerns with the injury and also bit handsy but you can’t tell me he not better then a lot of those corners drafted ahead of him. Hopefully he goes to a place that gives him a chance to make the team and have a solid professional career.

Reactions: Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.