2022 NFL Draft

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think he has hit his ceiling.

Happy to be proven wrong, but he's not shown untapped potential. Solid player, but always a bit of a stretch to make it in the NFL, imo.
Good to see he'll get a chance with the Ravens.

I don't know if I've ever heard Slade's 40 time. I suspect it's good/respectable. He is a good route runner and I'd say he has decent hands (he dropped a few, but every receiver does).

The thing with Slade is he never proved to be dangerous. After he caught the ball, no matter how good a route he ran, he struggled to make impact plays. It used to be called juke/jive, but whatever it is he's missing something. Again, his speed/quickness may be good but some people are just different in space (think "the Duece," Arenas, Waddle). I think that's what Slade is missing.

Having said that...I'll be rooting for him to make the roster!

AlexD

1st Team
Jun 19, 2009
Good to see he'll get a chance with the Ravens.

I don't know if I've ever heard Slade's 40 time. I suspect it's good/respectable. He is a good route runner and I'd say he has decent hands (he dropped a few, but every receiver does).

The thing with Slade is he never proved to be dangerous. After he caught the ball, no matter how good a route he ran, he struggled to make impact plays. It used to be called juke/jive, but whatever it is he's missing something. Again, his speed/quickness may be good but some people are just different in space (think "the Duece," Arenas, Waddle). I think that's what Slade is missing.

Having said that...I'll be rooting for him to make the roster!

I think his 40 was 4.7 ish which is not good. The problem with him is he was just good at everything but not great at anything. He was a good route runner but not great, actually only avg hands (fumbled punts, drops and fumbled after catches) and was good in space not great and a good blocker. I will say he was a great kid and teammate and happy he was at Bama though. I do hope him the best.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
I think his 40 was 4.7 ish which is not good. The problem with him is he was just good at everything but not great at anything. He was a good route runner but not great, actually only avg hands (fumbled punts, drops and fumbled after catches) and was good in space not great and a good blocker. I will say he was a great kid and teammate and happy he was at Bama though. I do hope him the best.
Totally agree...I honestly doubt he makes a pro team with below average speed and hands.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
SEC: 65 players drafted
Big 10: 48
ACC: 21
Pac 12: 25
Big 12: 25

the ACC, pac 12 and big 12 combined drafted just 6 more players than the SEC

Reactions: Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.