2022 Playoffs Thoughts

Who are you picking? Who are you rooting/pulling for? (Pick up to 1 each)

• Picking Georgia

Votes: 69 55.2%
  • Picking TCU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picking Ohio State

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Picking Michigan

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • Rooting for Georgia

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Rooting for TCU

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Rooting for Ohio State

Votes: 32 25.6%
  • Rooting for Michigan

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Doesn't apply to us so I don't care

Votes: 27 21.6%

• Total voters

davefrat

All-American
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
Yep. As much as we may hate to say it, the road to the playoffs will be going through Athens moreso than Tuscaloosa for the foreseeable future.
Kirby has established the premier program in the country and he's so young that we're likely looking at a long long period of them being the alpha. I don't like it, but it is what it is.

Reactions: TD7

Lucky Jack

Suspended
Sep 23, 2022
i think that all depends on the coaching staff. Bama has more than enough talent to compete and be better than UGA. It just needs to be utilized and developed better, and this can be done with a couple of good hires and continued good recruiting.
Agreed, but UGA is trending in a much better direction than Bama.

Reactions: TD7

Tenntiderman

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
A the present time, UGA has superior talent and a much better coaching staff than Alabama. UGA has separated itself from the rest of the SEC.
Yep...but They are also ahead of everybody I have watched this year..because of their Defense and OL. Bennett spends much less time on the turf than any QB in the Nation and they look physically superior (like Bama once did) to every team that I have watched them play.
AND.....I am most certainly not a Dawgs man...even though I once worked near Vidalia. I saw that as a disadvantage. But we all gotta make a living.

Last edited:

AWRTR

1st Team
Oct 18, 2022
A the present time, UGA has superior talent and a much better coaching staff than Alabama. UGA has separated itself from the rest of the SEC.
Here’s a really good question. Is it talent or the use of the talent as far as scheme and putting your guys in the right spots. That’s what I see more than sheer talent. UGA has looked pedestrian a couple of times this year.

Tidelines

1st Team
Oct 19, 2022
Kirby has established the premier program in the country and he's so young that we're likely looking at a long long period of them being the alpha. I don't like it, but it is what it is.
Nothing is written in stone. Things happen out of the blue. Georgia is good at the moment. There have been other programs that looked set for a run. So far only Bama has done it.

editder

All-SEC
Nov 2, 2017
Here’s a really good question. Is it talent or the use of the talent as far as scheme and putting your guys in the right spots. That’s what I see more than sheer talent. UGA has looked pedestrian a couple of times this year.
Scheme is part of it, I’m sure, but they also have a swagger about them that we no longer have. Mentality makes a big difference. This is all on the coaching staff. Get the right people in there, and you’ll see a change overnight. Everything else is still in place.

Reactions: AWRTR

Tenntiderman

All-SEC
Dec 1, 2017
Spring Hill, Tn
OSU has plenty of talent and coaching and with the right game plan can play with Georgia. If they can trade licks for 3 qtrs and keep it tight...who knows? I do think that Georgia is a complete football team with staff chemistry and focus. They are #1 for good reason, but I think OSU can stay in this game unless they can't take advantage of any breaks that might come their way. Got time to get some guys well. Might be a better game than people think. I do expect it to be a better game than TCU vs Michgn. I was hoping the Dawgs would play Michgn first.

Reactions: B1GTide

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
Maybe what I'll root for is an overhaul with the folks in charge of the whole thing... the CFB Committee.

• Mitch Barnhart, Kentucky athletics director
  • Tom Burman, Wyoming athletics director
  • Boo Corrigan, NC State athletics director
  • Rick George, Colorado athletics director
  • Chet Gladchuk, Navy athletics director
  • Jim Grobe, former head coach at Baylor/Wake Forest/Ohio
  • Warde Manuel, Michigan athletics director
  • Will Shields, former Nebraska offensive lineman
  • Gene Taylor, Kansas State athletics director
  • Joe Taylor, Virginia Union University vice president of athletics and community wellness
  • John Urschel, former Penn State offensive lineman
  • Rod West, former Notre Dame linebacker
  • Kelly Whiteside, Montclair State associate professor in sports media and journalism

BhamToTexas

All-SEC
Dec 25, 2020
Maybe what I'll root for is an overhaul with the folks in charge of the whole thing... the CFB Committee.

• Mitch Barnhart, Kentucky athletics director
  • Tom Burman, Wyoming athletics director
  • Boo Corrigan, NC State athletics director
  • Rick George, Colorado athletics director
  • Chet Gladchuk, Navy athletics director
  • Jim Grobe, former head coach at Baylor/Wake Forest/Ohio
  • Warde Manuel, Michigan athletics director
  • Will Shields, former Nebraska offensive lineman
  • Gene Taylor, Kansas State athletics director
  • Joe Taylor, Virginia Union University vice president of athletics and community wellness
  • John Urschel, former Penn State offensive lineman
  • Rod West, former Notre Dame linebacker
  • Kelly Whiteside, Montclair State associate professor in sports media and journalism
Big 10 favorable group right there. No surprise in the selections.

Jmonty71

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 7, 2022
I cannot wait for the new 12 team playoff. I think the 4 team playoff leaves teams out and put in teams that have weak schedules.

Reactions: 2ndand26

Blindside17

All-SEC
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
It's wishful thinking but I wish somebody would knock of Georgia, screw the pull for your conference mindset other schools aren't pulling for us anyway so why pull for them. There is a huge Dawg fan base in my area as I am just across the river from Columbus, and they are becoming almost impossible to deal with. I told one the other day I never would have thought they would have made me pull for a Big 10 team over them but that's exactly where I'm at right now.

Latest threads

Amazon Prime / TideFans.shop

Your purchase through our Amazon affiliation and TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!