2022 Playoffs Thoughts

Who are you picking? Who are you rooting/pulling for? (Pick up to 1 each)

• Picking Georgia

Votes: 69 55.2%
  • Picking TCU

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Picking Ohio State

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Picking Michigan

Votes: 12 9.6%
  • Rooting for Georgia

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Rooting for TCU

Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Rooting for Ohio State

Votes: 32 25.6%
  • Rooting for Michigan

Votes: 14 11.2%
  • Doesn't apply to us so I don't care

Votes: 27 21.6%

• Total voters

dtgreg

All-American
Jul 24, 2000
Tuscaloosa
www.electricmonkeywrench.com
Of course it would bother me if it were us, but it isn't. That doesn't make me want uga to win anything ever. What they should have done is put michigan at #1 after they blew out ohio state.

Now that I have had some time to think about it, I don't think they ever had any intention of putting Alabama in the playoffs even if tcu lost in a blowout. The fact that they left Ohio State in front of us and left uga at #1 should prove that. Most of us just wanted to believe it wasn't over.
Oh, yeah. Definitley SEC fatigue. We were never in the running though we are the fourth best team. This year and next are the last of the single participation trophies until we have eight participation trophies and (maybe?) four decent teams. Look, I know this 12 team thing is needed for national viability of the sport. I'm cool with that. I'm also sure that the four teams with a bye in 2024 will somehow not be the most deserving if two or three happen to be SEC teams.

You know, with that blow-out of OSU, I guess they kind of had a fig leaf after all. Makes me even angrier.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Of course it would bother me if it were us, but it isn't. That doesn't make me want uga to win anything ever. What they should have done is put michigan at #1 after they blew out ohio state.

Now that I have had some time to think about it, I don't think they ever had any intention of putting Alabama in the playoffs even if tcu lost in a blowout. The fact that they left Ohio State in front of us and left uga at #1 should prove that. Most of us just wanted to believe it wasn't over.
Bamas undoing was of their own doing. But, TCU not dropping a single spot was a middle finger to the Bama program and it's supporters if you ask me. We were most definitely not in the discussion based on the way final rankings played out. The ONLY discussion was do we have OSU and UM play each other in the semis or not? Probably took 5 minutes of grunting and the decision was made.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That doesn't prove anything remotely anti-Bama. UGA was number one going into a conference championship game and won by 20. Ohio State is just a better team this year.
I never said the words anti-Bama. I do not think they were anti-Bama. I said they never were going to put Alabama in and they made that decision well before a single game was played yesterday. tcu could have lost by 40 and the playoffs would have looked exactly like they do right now. 2 losses killed us. We needed Iowa State to actually show up a couple of weeks ago and they didn't. The committee was anti-2 losses.

Lucky Jack

Suspended
Sep 23, 2022
I never said the words anti-Bama. I do not think they were anti-Bama. I said they never were going to put Alabama in and they made that decision well before a single game was played yesterday. tcu could have lost by 40 and the playoffs would have looked exactly like they do right now. 2 losses killed us. We needed Iowa State to actually show up a couple of weeks ago and they didn't. The committee was anti-2 losses.
I'd agree with that.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Bamas undoing was of their own doing. But, TCU not dropping a single spot was a middle finger to the Bama program and it's supporters if you ask me. We were most definitely not in the discussion based on the way final rankings played out. The ONLY discussion was do we have OSU and UM play each other in the semis or not? Probably took 5 minutes of grunting and the decision was made.
Yeah the 5 minutes of grunting was "hey will uga vs tcu make any money?" No? Uh let's not drop them. We can make up reasons why because espn reporters are dumb and they will believe whatever we say.

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
That doesn't prove anything remotely anti-Bama. UGA was number one going into a conference championship game and won by 20. Ohio State is just a better team this year.
Can you give me your insight on TCU losing and not budging at all in the rankings? If you believe anything other than not having OSU vs.UM face each other in the semis was a factor idk what to tell you. And to tOSU being a better team this year, perhaps. We won't find out because TCU, according to the committee is better than Bama or tOSU.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
“We’re at the world famous Gaylord Hotel in Grapevine, TX. Tonight, we’re replacing the coffee they usually serve here with Ex-Lax.”

Let’s listen…..

Last edited:

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
I'd rather see them get completely blown off the field. But, to each their own.
TCU gets the participation trophy. Not falling in the poll after getting betty slapped beat by a lesser team illustrates that the fix was in. But Bama: you can’t rack up a penalty every fourth play against UT, touch a punt that was essentially down, and then surrender enough yards for an easy field goal, and brain fart against LSU, and expect any love from a committee dancing to the ESPN fiddle…did I say I despise OSU despite a a fan who posts here often…

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
Look at all of this from another point of view. As bad as this day has been, as dark as things are for us. The way to get over the disappointment is to think of others. Some body else is always in worst shape. Do you realize Troy and South Alabama are ranked higher than Auburn. And are going to bowl games while Auburn is sitting home. Let that sink in a moment. I jest of course I don’t feel sorry for Auburn.

Last edited:

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Right there with you. buckeyes can win it and I can live with that.
TCU= pretender which =me saying starch them. Hairball= Khakis even on a sleepover=me saying not the weirdo. Kirby= Bowl cut and a bowl of fruity pebbles your grandma just used to shape your hair= grow up Peter Pan! tOSU = I don't like or respect the rest, keep our trophy warm, and I like one of your fans.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

TriCountyTider

All-American
Aug 7, 2012
Look at all of this from another point of view. As bad as this day has been, as dark as things are for us. The way to get over the disappointment is to think of others. Some body else is always in worst shape. Do you realize Troy and South Alabama are ranked higher than Auburn. And are going to bowl games while Auburn is sitting home. Let that sink in a moment. I jest of course I don’t feel sorry for Auburn.
Laughing at the situation in barnville did make me feel a little better.

JohnD

1st Team
Dec 22, 2003
TCU is not one of the best 4 teams. I want Michigan to make that very clear. Aside from that, Ga not making it out of the Semi's feels right. I want them to come up empty. OSU got seriously embarrassed, so their head is in the right place and maybe Ga is overconfident enough drop one. And they have the talent to take Ga out. I doubt Michigan does. After that, let the best team win.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Ols and B1GTide

TD7

Scout Team
Nov 30, 2017
Ohio State's offense is on a whole other level throwing the ball compared to LSU, and LSU passed for over 500 yards against George's defense. Not to mention Ohio State has a really good running game to compliment Stroud. I think Ohio State beats Georgia

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.