JessN: 2022 Preview: Alabama Crimson Tide

How many wins will Alabama have in the 2022 regular season?

Votes: 41 78.8%

Votes: 11 21.2%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fewer than 10

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
It's time for TideFans.com's annual fall SEC previews, and we're starting with -- who else? -- Alabama:

2022 Preview: Alabama Crimson Tide
By Jess Nicholas, TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief

OFFENSE
Alabama returns its 2021 offensive scheme mostly intact, and why wouldn’t you? Its quarterback is coming off a Heisman Trophy-winning season, the running back stable is as stacked as a Kentucky Derby field, and Alabama has re-infused its wide receiver corps with talent, both with freshman signees and two high-profile transfers. The offensive line is a question mark, but there is excitement there in regard to a change in offensive line coaches and strategy.

Predicted record:... (see article)
SEC record:...
SEC West record:...

Rankings (Ex, Vg, Av, Fr, Pr)
Quarterbacks: Ex
Running Backs: Ex
Wide Receivers: Vg
Offensive Line: Av
Defensive Line: Vg
Linebackers: Ex
Defensive Backs: Ex
Special Teams: Vg
CONTINUE READING

8/11/2022: updated by BamaNation to include first part of article

Last edited by a moderator:

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Nice write-up, Jess. Hope this is another championship year... and think it will be as long as there are no injuries to starters. This is only the 3rd time since Coach Saban has been at Bama that the same OC and DC are returning together... and Bama won the NC the other 2 times. :)

I do have concerns (at least right now) about TE and Oline. Hope Latu can heal and play all season.

Another thing I'd like to see this season is way less penalties, especially on defense. I think last season we had the most penalties ever since Coach Saban has been here. There are some tough road games this season, and we don't need all those penalties to put the team in stressful circumstances.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Thanks for this great write-up, Jess! I wish we had two cupcakes before Texas, to work out those position kinks. The OL should be much better than 2021. I believe CEW will have them ready, especially after a couple games to gel as a unit. The RBs and WRs will be great, and will improve as the season progresses. This defense will be a headache for opposing offenses, even with a couple of kinks. I am so ready for September 3rd. My Bama t-shirt is good to go for some luck, if needed.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Thanks for the overall write up. reading Golding's comments, it seems like he's looking at Campbell as an Inside backer instead of a edge guy, at least right now, and it sounds like he's getting himself noticed in the right way.

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
Thanks for the overall write up. reading Golding's comments, it seems like he's looking at Campbell as an Inside backer instead of a edge guy, at least right now, and it sounds like he's getting himself noticed in the right way.
With his athletic ability maybe the next CJ?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.