2022 Recruiting Targets

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
I read where we made Luther Burden's final three, along with Mizzou and Georgia. What do our resident recruiting gurus think of our chances of landing him are at this point?
His name has not been in the mix. its great that Bama is in his Top 3, but with Barrion Brown and Evan Stewart high on the list, I don't know where Burden stands at this time.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
We have gotten a bunch of them and not sure what you are talking about. Are you not satiisfied with our current OL? We have a ton more 1st rounders and overall OL drafted than any other team.
As long as Owens is playing tackle and not center, where he played last year, there is improvement to be made. This means his understudy is better than anyone they can put at tackle. So his second position play is better than some of the highly recruited tackles we have on the roster.

Keeter

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Zach Rice isn't coming to Bama...that will be a UNC, Virginia, Notre Dame battle. Bama is still going after some OL. Also because I saw someone ask, Luther Burden is a UGA/Mizzou battle. Alabama has other WRs that they are going harder like Barion Brown, Shazz Preston, Evan Stewart, and Kendrick Law.
How do you feel about Bama's chances with those WR?

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
How do you feel about Bama's chances with those WR?
I believe Brown will be on Alabama's commitment list before October is out. They are very much in it with Shazz Preston. People think he is all LSU, but that isn't the case. I believe that Bama lands one of the two Louisiana WRs (Shazz Preston and Kendrick Law). Florida is the leader for Evan Stewart at the moment, but Bama is still very much in it for him and they will get him back on campus. Let's see where it goes with him.

RiverTide

Bamanation Citizen
Jan 31, 2019
I believe Brown will be on Alabama's commitment list before October is out. They are very much in it with Shazz Preston. People think he is all LSU, but that isn't the case. I believe that Bama lands one of the two Louisiana WRs (Shazz Preston and Kendrick Law). Florida is the leader for Evan Stewart at the moment, but Bama is still very much in it for him and they will get him back on campus. Let's see where it goes with him.
Are things cooling down with Kevin Coleman?
I remember reading that we were in the lead for him and were anticipated to be one of his final 2

Keeter

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Thanks for the info........... if Bama can land half of that group I would be happy

Reactions: GP for Bama

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I saw Evan Stewart opted out of the remainder of his senior year of HS. I'd have serious doubts about him going forward as far as buying into the team.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Are things cooling down with Kevin Coleman?
I remember reading that we were in the lead for him and were anticipated to be one of his final 2
Things cooled down a while back over the summer when he didn't camp at Bama so the coaches could see him work in person. The staff is still evaluating him though..we will see how things go over the fall.

Reactions: RiverTide

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Things cooled down a while back over the summer when he didn't camp at Bama so the coaches could see him work in person. The staff is still evaluating him though..we will see how things go over the fall.
same thing with burden. Also Evan Stewart is slightly trending into Zach Evans territory if you believe what texas people are saying about him. Bama's most likely only real OL target is Campbell who will be on campus this weekend.