2022 Recruiting: Who are the 2022 Recruiting Targets?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
4 star MASSIVE DT Jaheim Oatis just committed to Bama! RTR!

Kid reminds me of a defensive lineman we got out of Texas a few years back(Can't remember his name). At 348 lbs he's massive and is sure to be a force to be reckoned with on the line.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Have to wonder if he’ll play at 348 once he’s in the S&C program . Always great to get quality O and D line guys! Can’t have too many.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
4 star MASSIVE DT Jaheim Oatis just committed to Bama! RTR!

Huge commitment, literally and figuratively!
#1 player in Mississippi per 247 sports.
Top 10 DT in the nation.
I don't think he'll play at that weight but the big man is a monster in the middle.
I'm very surprised he committed this early with his prestige especially that he's from Mississippi.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Huge commitment, literally and figuratively!
#1 player in Mississippi per 247 sports.
Top 10 DT in the nation.
I don't think he'll play at that weight but the big man is a monster in the middle.
I'm very surprised he committed this early with his prestige especially that he's from Mississippi.
Agreed SJC he will not play at that weight and this is big pick-up. I heard we offered Jaheim in 8th grade so we have a very long relationship with him and think we will hold off the MS schools even if they both take the OM $ train route.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
A little surprised at taking this commitment as I thought CNS was moving away from taking big Cody type NT's due to offenses changing. He seems like he could flip to OL and be like Deonte Brown. He could be devastating as a guard.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
A little surprised at taking this commitment as I thought CNS was moving away from taking big Cody type NT's due to offenses changing. He seems like he could flip to OL and be like Deonte Brown. He could be devastating as a guard.
I doubt he will be this heavy when he actually plays, and at 6'6" he can carry more weight and still be very quick. But Saban relies on a run stuffing DT in the middle of the field in this defense. He just wants one who can also push the pocket on passing downs.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I doubt he will be this heavy when he actually plays, and at 6'6" he can carry more weight and still be very quick. But Saban relies on a run stuffing DT in the middle of the field in this defense. He just wants one who can also push the pocket on passing downs.
I heard he moves ridiculously quick for a big guy.

Reactions: B1GTide

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If he runs a Legit 4.7, he is a definite take... :cool:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
No way 350 pounds is all good weight on an 18-year-old.

If Saban wants him enough to extend a committable offer at this stage in a year we expect to have problems with numbers, I have to believe he'll be on a weight-reduction program.

I don't know if it's within NCAA rules, but if it is, I'm betting Amy Bragg (the nutritionist), Dr. Rhea and Coach Ballou are already in touch.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.