2022 Recruiting: Who are the 2022 Recruiting Targets?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Can we pluck another one out of Baton Rouge? Pretty impressive when you have only been playing football for 1 year and you are the #61 player in the nation.

If the kid will have played only two years of football before entering college, he will need development.

If he needs development, who has developed more defensive players further than Saban? How does Orgeron compare on that measure? Laughable.

If the kid has the self-awareness to understand where his vulnerabilities lie, it’s not a tough choice. Whether he has that, I have no idea.

Reactions: TiderJack

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I am somewhat surprised that Bama had no commits this past weekend with that strong list of visitors.
I'm not. Remember we are just now allowing prospects on the campus after a year hiatus and we have to remember that. We're trying to figure out the new process.. and it's not just Alabama.. all NCAA teams are doing this. I expect huge wave of commitments to happen soon.. just won't be this month.

Reactions: jjv0004

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Looks like Saban and staff found a diamond in the rough at camp (other offers are good). 3* TE/WR Amari Niblack earned an offer and he is announcing on Thursday. Will be interesting to see if he commits and he will certainly get the Bama Bump if he does. Looks like another Billingsley type at TE.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Saw Freddie Roach and either Jay Valai or Robert Gillespie out to dinner Tuesday evening with two huge guys (guessing DLs) and one smaller guy -- DB? WR? I don't know....he was smaller than the typical profile for an Alabama RB.

The way we were all seated, the youngsters had their backs to us, but I'm guessing they were recruits. No idea who.

The thing I took away from it was that recruiting isn't just on the weekends.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
4* LB Shemar James from Mobile committed to Florida. I am assuming we have others higher on our board and he did not have a committable offer but others may know more about it.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
4* LB Shemar James from Mobile committed to Florida. I am assuming we have others higher on our board and he did not have a committable offer but others may know more about it.
I believe he had a committable offer and that he wanted immediate playing time. I think he realized that would not happen at Bama.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I believe he had a committable offer and that he wanted immediate playing time. I think he realized that would not happen at Bama.

If he has a committable offer he will end up signing with us IMO but I don't believe I saw anywhere in that article where he said he did. We will see as December approaches.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Here are a few comments about Zach Rice, Dennis-Sutton and Little from Rivals. Big week this week with JTT ('21) and Denver Harris visiting.

"The visit was really good,” Rice said. “The biggest thing for me was just the overall data we were able to see where 9.7-percent of all athletes will get injured during their playing days in college, but Alabama has a 3.4-percent ratio.

"Alabama is doing what it takes to help prevent injuries. They have all the science stuff down there and really helps to show you how your body works. If I go there they can show every area of my body and what injuries I am prone to."

From your article. Looks like the nerds with muscles are really helping with the recruiting pitch.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

Oh, Lot of people thought we had him. Kid just wanted playing time. I wouldn't be shocked if he leave Florida after 1 year, or we flip him back in December.. unlikely. It wasn't a huge loss for us. we are deep at LB.

Reactions: The Ols

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
OSU is doing everything in their power to get JTT. All the coaches meeting him at the airport in his jersey and now this. They may get him but this all seems over the top and really glad we don't recruit this way. JTT arrives in Title-town tomorrow and lets see if rings and trophies outweigh hyperbole.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Sounds like Mario may have pulled quite a fast one...
I am sure he did. I mean, if it quacks like a duck...
Good for Mario and JT though. I mean, if he were to come to Bama it'd only add about a thousand pounds to the 5 ton gorilla that is Alabama Football these days which is unfair already. Being tucked away in Eugene seems only USC will be negatively affected by this decision.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.