2022 RIP Thread

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
I was lucky, as a little boy in the 50's, to have an older brother (7 years older) introduce me to the R&R pioneers like Jerry lee Lewis, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Elvis, The Platters, The Coasters and especially Chuck Berry.
Also got to see them perform live on Buddy Dean, Dick Clark, Ed Sullivan and Steve Allen shows:cool:

Last edited:

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Saw him at a BB King concert years ago in Tunica. He was sitting about six rows in front of me. King said something to the effect of “We want to recognize one very special guest in the audience tonight. He was hanging out with us backstage before the show. Ladies and gentlemen, the Killer himself, Mr. Jerry Lee Lewis.” At which point he stood up and acknowledged the cheering crowd. If I recall, Lewis lived in Nesbit so it was just up the road a bit.

Reactions: Bamaro

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Joan Chase passed away November 4, 2022. Among her credits, Album Design “Santana III”; Original Album Art “Caravanserai”. The first and original Deluxe Santana Songbook many of us still have was Joan’s ‘baby’, from front to back, her pet project! Also Santana’s principle photographer, Joan snapped many iconic images, including the band portrait on the inside cover of album III. She co-founded Heavy Water Light Show, a psychedelic light show backdrop presentation to many Bay Area concerts in the late ‘60s and early ‘70s. Santana album III’s iconic psychedelic front and back cover was, in fact, her Heavy Water Light Show artwork.

315053069_1170405963594983_4336167999158973789_n.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: seebell

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I actually had a chance encounter with Gallagher back in early 1980’s. I was a single guy living on Southside in Birmingham. There was a 7-11 store at the corner of 20th ST South and Highland Avenue, across from the old Cadillac Cafe. Gallagher was at the counter in front of me. I said “Man you are a dead ringer for the comedian Gallagher”. He laughed and said “Well hell…I hope so because that’s who I am. We both got a chuckle and exchanged some small talk. He was in town for a show.
Just a very regular guy.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Voice actor Kevin Conroy has died. He voiced Batman multiple times.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/ne...sedgntp&cvid=2e271515d65a40be8d05e70319b03f5e
This one stings for me. He was a big part of my childhood. I can still remember getting him from school just in time to watch the greatest animated show ever, Batman: The Animated Series. Just like Mark Hamill is the VOICE of Joker, Conroy was the voice of Batman.

"I am vengence. I am the night. I.....AM.....BATMAN."

Indeed, Mr. Conroy, Indeed. RIP.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
This one stings for me. He was a big part of my childhood. I can still remember getting him from school just in time to watch the greatest animated show ever, Batman: The Animated Series. Just like Mark Hamill is the VOICE of Joker, Conroy was the voice of Batman.

"I am vengence. I am the night. I.....AM.....BATMAN."

Indeed, Mr. Conroy, Indeed. RIP.
I was a teenager when he started doing this but I still was secretly watching it. I found out later so were my friends. He was best Batman ever and it isn't close. RIP Mr. Conroy. You made a comic book hater a fan.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.