2022 RIP Thread

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I never heard his real voice. Real or fake, what I heard was like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.

If you were a big fan of his I’m sorry, but his act didn’t do anything for me.
Not really a fan just stating a fact. His actual speaking voice wasn't as grating. It was a stage persona he adapted. There are many comedians that do it. Bobcat Goldwaith is another annoying voice that actually speaks normal in actuality. Larry the Cable Guy is another comedian with a fake persona.

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Mercedes LeAnza (lead creative producer at Amazon Studios) dead at 40.

Another death from “my” cancer. Five days older than me. It’s deaths like these that remind me how fortunate I am to be alive and kicking today, especially when it very nearly went south for me twice. I hope her family can find peace and comfort during this time.

(Turns out she and I were members of the same patients only facebook group, and we’d had some interaction since she was diagnosed.)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: seebell and Bazza

OakMtn4Bama

All-American
Jan 10, 2007
Trussville
Actor Robert Morse Died at 90. Star of How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, Mad Men, and one of my favorite movies: The Loved One with Jonathan Winters. Hilarious.

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Award-winning master bluesman David Kearney — known and beloved by fans worldwide as Guitar Shorty — died on Wednesday, April 20, 2022 in Los Angeles, California, of natural causes. He was 87. Credited with influencing both Jimi Hendrix and Buddy Guy, Shorty electrified audiences worldwide with his unpredictable, slashing guitar playing, gruff vocals and supercharged live shows, where he would often do back flips and somersaults while playing. The Chicago Reader said, “Guitar Shorty is a battle-scarred hard-ass. He is among the highest-energy blues entertainers on the scene.” Billboard said he played “blistering, modern

Source: Blues Magazine - https://www.bluesmagazine.nl/in-memoriam-bluesman-david-guitar-shorty-kearney/

• Thank You

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Orrin Hatch, who served in the U.S. Senate for 42 years, died Saturday in Salt Lake City at the age of 88, the Hatch Foundation announced. Hatch, who retired in 2019, was the longest-serving Republican U.S. senator and the longest-serving U.S. senator in Utah history.

• Thank You

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011

He was the one who gave the order on 9/11 to ground all planes immediately. Someone from the FAA tried to argue with him and he responded in a manner I can’t quote here. Go to his Wikipedia page to read it.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Bob Lanier, NBA force who left big shoes to fill, dies at 73 (msn.com)

Lanier went into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in 1992. But his boat-size shoes got there ahead of him, with a display of his bronzed sneakers in the shrine.

He was known for wearing size 22 shoes, although that was disputed in 1989 by a Converse representative, who told The Atlanta Constitution that Lanier wore size 18 1/2.

"The 22 he was reputed to wear was a Korean size," shoe rep Gary Stoken said.

Not contested was the abundantly clear fact that his feet were big.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.