2022 Schedule Released

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Slim chance. The problem is that we are talking about far more than football in terms of sports and a lot of legal stuff. Missouri wasn’t under contract, and aTm secured permission.
It would have worked if the Big 12 imploded. But none of the other power leagues were interested in their remaining members. And ESPN's shenanigans with the AAC taking in the remaining 8 was a massive blundering failure.

Give Bowlsby credit. For once he held things together.

I'd be happy to just see the FCS teams disappear.

Reactions: 81usaf92

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
It would have worked if the Big 12 imploded. But none of the other power leagues were interested in their remaining members. And ESPN's shenanigans with the AAC taking in the remaining 8 was a massive blundering failure.

Give Bowlsby credit. For once he held things together.

I'd be happy to just see the FCS teams disappear.
Texas and Oklahoma probably assumed that a few would stab the others in the back to find other homes, but they aren’t Nebraska. I think it’s getting too late for things to happen by next season at this point.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I hope you’re right, d-man, but I’m not so optimistic.

Looks to me like OU and UTw were hoping the Big 12 would implode when they announced they were going to the SEC, and they’d get out of their buyouts in full, or at least in great measure.

But with the announcement a couple of weeks ago, it looks like the Big 12 isn’t going away. Definitely greatly reduced in stature, but not dissolved.

I read and heard a lot that, “Well, OU and Texas will negotiate the buyout down.” But negotiation takes two. I don’t see why a badly butt-hurt Big 12 would budge a penny.

If I’m in Bowlsby’s shoes, I’m saying, “A contract’s a contract. I understand you want out, but you have two options: stay until 2025, or pay us $25 million each (or $35 million each, or whatever the number is). Your choice.”

Do you see a reason the Big 12 would negotiate? If so, what am I missing?
I wonder if the buyout is less a year from now... :unsure:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
BYU is joining the Big XII in 2023. The three from the AAC will join in 2024 unless they pay a larger exit fee to leave early. If the two SEC teams stay through 2024, that will create a big headache in regards to scheduling plus the scenario of living with your wife while finalizing the divorce but your new girlfriend has already moved in.

The AAC is looking to announce their new members in the next couple weeks and then the conferences they raid will have their turn. So is everyone going to sit around for three years in leagues they don’t want to be in?

I think a deal will be worked out where everyone moves by 2023 at the latest and possibly next year.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
According to a Big 12 friend, UT and OU want to leave early and tried to negotiate paying the fee in 2 payments...one due after they leave. Big 12 said "NO. Pay up front, then leave." Looking more and more like either that will happen or they will stay until the contract is up. Awkward at best...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.