2022 Schedule Released

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Ole Miss gets their bye week before our game again while Bama plays LSU. Guess that will be the norm until Texas and Oklahoma join and there may be pods.

Reactions: Rush

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Visually, that is about the worst thing UA athletics has ever put out. it's almost impossible to tell who we are playing each week.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I'll be glad when these schedules become a thing of the past.

There is some interest there. 15 years ago, Florida State vs. LSU in New Orleans would have been remarkable. Now... not so much. Georgia/Oregon in Atlanta has a lot of potential.

The FCS teams on the schedule are just a joke.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I'll say it again...

It's time to stop playing these FCS and crappy FBS teams. No, I don't expect / want Bama playing a ranked team every week, but Mercer, AP, etc just need to go away.
Agree. Couple more opportunities for folks to go for the knees. Not saying it`ll definitely happen.....just sayin`.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I still think that there is the possibility that all this gets changed and that Texas and OU start league play next year.
I hope you’re right, d-man, but I’m not so optimistic.

Looks to me like OU and UTw were hoping the Big 12 would implode when they announced they were going to the SEC, and they’d get out of their buyouts in full, or at least in great measure.

But with the announcement a couple of weeks ago, it looks like the Big 12 isn’t going away. Definitely greatly reduced in stature, but not dissolved.

I read and heard a lot that, “Well, OU and Texas will negotiate the buyout down.” But negotiation takes two. I don’t see why a badly butt-hurt Big 12 would budge a penny.

If I’m in Bowlsby’s shoes, I’m saying, “A contract’s a contract. I understand you want out, but you have two options: stay until 2025, or pay us $25 million each (or $35 million each, or whatever the number is). Your choice.”

Do you see a reason the Big 12 would negotiate? If so, what am I missing?

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
There is little incentive for the Big 12 to negotiate.

The question becomes, do Texas/OU want to play in a Big 12 for 4 more seasons? The remaining members already hate you. Then there is the chance you have to play the incoming members if they join before 2025 (and it is likely they do). If I were the Big 12, I would force OU and Texas to visit each new campus as often as I can before they leave.

So then, facing this prospect, do UT/OU then say ok, ok, we will pay up?

Does ESPN say, ok look guys we ultimately are responsible for all of this, how about we give you Big 12 clowns a nice 10 year deal, which makes you whole, and let's go ahead and get Texas and Oklahoma out of there so we can start making mega billions from our SEC deal?

There are possibilities but I don't see any of them including the Big 12 capitulating. This is their Alamo.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.