2023 Recruiting: 2023 4 Star DL Edric Hill Commits to Alabama

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Short memory AlexanderFan. Mathis had 9 last year, Barmore had a bunch the year before and Quinnen had even more in '18. Seems to me we are and have been established as a place to get sacks.
None of those mentioned are in double digits. These guys have Chase Young to look at. He nearly beat them in sacks in one year with 16.5.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
None of those mentioned are in double digits. These guys have Chase Young to look at. He nearly beat them in sacks in one year with 16.5.
Young is an Edge / DE guy. You'd compare him with Mr Williams and Mr Turner, not our Interior DL guys like Mathis, Barmore and Q (I'd also add Tomlinson, Payne, Reed, Allen) We've put LOTs of interior guys into the NFL.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Young is an Edge / DE guy. You'd compare him with Mr Williams and Mr Turner, not our Interior DL guys like Mathis, Barmore and Q (I'd also add Tomlinson, Payne, Reed, Allen) We've put LOTs of interior guys into the NFL.
I’ve never argued that Bama doesn’t put guys in the NFL, just that they don’t get the flashy sack linemen to commit.

Reactions: tideindc

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I’ve never argued that Bama doesn’t put guys in the NFL, just that they don’t get the flashy sack linemen to commit.
You do understand our edge guys who play OLB as GTGilbert pointed out play the same position Chase Young play? Some call it DE and some call it OLB. Bama calls it OLB. Anyway we are very good at sacking the QB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.