2023 Recruiting: 2023 4 Star DL Hunter Osborne Commits to Alabama

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Hello…
Hello???
is there anyone else here looking for recruiting information like I came here for???….. :D
View attachment 26914
This is what happens when meth, I mean math, gets involved.

To sum it up: surprisingly Alabama has not fallen flat in recruiting, just like they didn’t last year, or the year before that. *

*Just because I am a little flustered at the Woods commitment doesn’t mean I think Bama is slipping. I just want to lock down the elite in state talent because I don’t want them going to Auburn, which fuels their inner little brother to play above their heads against Alabama.

Reactions: BearFoot

oskie

All-SEC
Jan 28, 2005

LetTheGoodTideRoll

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 13, 2021
This is what happens when meth, I mean math, gets involved.

To sum it up: surprisingly Alabama has not fallen flat in recruiting, just like they didn’t last year, or the year before that. *

*Just because I am a little flustered at the Woods commitment doesn’t mean I think Bama is slipping. I just want to lock down the elite in state talent because I don’t want them going to Auburn, which fuels their inner little brother to play above their heads against Alabama.
Curious about your perspective on this -- last year, Dylan Brooks and Jeremiah Williams both chose other SEC schools. At least Williams (a five star according to some services) seemed like a priority to the staff down the stretch, but I don't remember the same hand-wringing when those guys went elsewhere.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Curious about your perspective on this -- last year, Dylan Brooks and Jeremiah Williams both chose other SEC schools. At least Williams (a five star according to some services) seemed like a priority to the staff down the stretch, but I don't remember the same hand-wringing when those guys went elsewhere.
To be fair I’m wringing my own hands. This year has been pointed to for a while on this board. There are years Alabama has gotten 7/10 top players in the state, and in a year with this generational talent I hoped this year would be another of those years. Combined with the fact that Woods is at Thompson, a recent Bama pipeline, and my concern isn’t unwarranted. My concern isn’t that Saban is slipping, but that Bama won’t get the lion’s share of this generational defensive talent in the state.

Of course things could 180 by the time the ink is dry, that’s the fun in recruiting.

Reactions: LetTheGoodTideRoll

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Osborne will announce his commitment on August 1st. Still feel good with him to Bama.
excellent, hopefully good news for us, there is contingent out there that predicted this might be bama's best year ever in recruiting. I agree but not in the way you might think. We will get a few HIGHLY rated 5 stars, any position, but the vast majority of the class will be highly rated 4 stars at positions of need. the star system is flawed but I use a reference, most people understand it. Those are the makings of an excellent class. As pilots like to say, we are squarely in the pipe.

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.