2023 Recruiting: 2023 4 Star OL Olaus Alinen Commits to Alabama

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Thanks for sharing. I didn't know the etymology of the logos, but no wonder I'm partial to 1974 to 2000 because it represents my younger years of growing up into early adulthood. I too disliked the 2001-2003 logo, but I wonder if it was also influenced by our struggle during it in addition to it just being bad?
maybe a little of both, but I think it's a lot of it just being a BAD logo. Most folks initial reaction when it was rolled out was that it was too cartoonish and just wasn't really a fit.

lowend

All-SEC
Feb 20, 2005
Thanks for sharing. I didn't know the etymology of the logos, but no wonder I'm partial to 1974 to 2000 because it represents my younger years of growing up into early adulthood. I too disliked the 2001-2003 logo, but I wonder if it was also influenced by our struggle during it in addition to it just being bad?
I think you're right. I have fleeting memories of the Stallings years, but the Dubose era was when I really started becoming a fan. It was rough, but I never wanted to cheer for anyone else.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I heard something interesting on a radio golf show this morning. A young lady was being interviewed who was from Finland and is a college student here in the states. She was asked if she was making any NIL money. No, she wasn't because she couldn't. She is here on a student visa which stipulates that you can't have an off campus job. NIL is considered just that. She could however sign an NIL deal with a Finnish company. Not knowing the immigration status of olaus, I'm not sure whether this applies to him. I believe his family still lives abroad. When I heard her explain the details I immediately thought of olaus and his situation.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: Padreruf

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I found out through Googling...not a very elite metaphor I might add. I get "medieval" -- studied too much history!!! I still don't know what the two fingers sideways sign BY gives in photos means...my own sons don't even know!!!
I don`t think I can even maneuver my fingers into some of these gestures that these kids seem to feel compelled to interject into their photos, much less know what they might signify.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.