2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Watching Caleb Downs on ESPN2 -- he is something special. Looks like a man playing among boys. A long time evaluator is quoted as saying that Caleb is the most polished HS football player he has ever seen. His body looks like that of a college junior -- my opinion.
Downs is SPECIAL. A lot of people consider him to be the best player in the country. Of course the QBs and edge rushers get all the hype at premier positions, but Downs is a Day 1 starter, high level impact type of player.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Downs is SPECIAL. A lot of people consider him to be the best player in the country. Of course the QBs and edge rushers get all the hype at premier positions, but Downs is a Day 1 starter, high level impact type of player.
Our 2 current safeties are NFL bound after this year. Would he still be a day 1 starter if they were returning?

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Who will land commitment from 5-star EDGE Keon Keeley? - On3

Why is Alabama in a good position for Keon Keeley?
BamaInsider Recruiting Reporter Joseph Hastings: “One, they’re in the SEC. That’s something that’s very appealing to him. He wants to be a part of that conference… Also, he loves Alabama’s winning tradition, their player development, what they’ve been able to do at the EDGE position with Will Anderson and Dallas Turner. Those things are obviously sticking out to him. Also, Alabama’s like that happy medium. Yes, it is out of state. It’s further away from home than a Florida or a Miami would be, but it also isn’t as far away as Columbus or South Bend are… Just a lot of factors involved there… You see all the commits that are reaching out to him. He’s a very likable kid, has built up relationships there. So all of that combined, I think this is why Alabama’s ahead right now.”
When should Keon Keeley’s decision be expected?
Gators Online Recruiting Analyst Corey Bender: “He’s very well-reserved and doesn’t reveal too many details, but I think it’s going to be later in the fall... Florida is going to be a host at some point, but it sounds like it’s going to be later in the fall. As far as Florida’s plans, the only game as of right now that they plan on hosting official visitors is Oct. 15 vs. LSU…Just the fact that he’s definitely going to officially visit Florida, I think he’s going to wait at least a couple months to take some visits. If it’s not early December, I assume it’s going to be in probably November, late fall sometime.”

On3 Director of Recruiting Chad Simmons: “I think at least after the official visits. It could go up until December. I don’t know if he’ll take it that long... I think any school would love to have him on campus late and make that impression before the Early Signing Period. But there’s really no timeline for him right now. I think it happens after he feels like he’s done with the official business, whether that’s taking four, whether it’s taking five, whether those go into November or December. I think he takes the OVs he feels like he needs to take and then makes a decision at some point after that.”

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I know Bama had 2023 OT Monroe Freeling on campus late July and he just commited to Georgia. He was favored to look at Clemson and he decided to go with Georgia. Will Bama continue to recuit him throughout the season and is he likely to stick with Bulldogs?

I know Bama has all OL but will they take one more?

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I know Bama had 2023 OT Monroe Freeling on campus late July and he just commited to Georgia. He was favored to look at Clemson and he decided to go with Georgia. Will Bama continue to recuit him throughout the season and is he likely to stick with Bulldogs?

I know Bama has all OL but will they take one more?
have to be the too good to pass up category. We are targeting Edge/ILB, DL, and Corners rn

Latest threads

Amazon Prime / TideFans.shop

Your purchase through our Amazon affiliation and TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!