2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I think the Manning's see us as the Evil Crimson Dragon ;) Me too but I see him at Ole Miss, maybe LSU since Kelly is there...heck, I could see Sark pulling the upset bringing the kid to lead the horns in their first year of the SEC. I really wish we could get him but there is old hatred for the Tide from Gramps...his namesake.
Yeah, I figured the Manning clan doesnt like Bama....guess Archie is still mad at Scott Hunter for beating him...............but there are other good QBs out there. I want a good defense to neutralize him

I dont think UGA gets him...............they have QBs and havent really developed one..............Ole Miss or Texas

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Yeah, I figured the Manning clan doesnt like Bama....guess Archie is still mad at Scott Hunter for beating him...............but there are other good QBs out there. I want a good defense to neutralize him

I dont think UGA gets him...............they have QBs and havent really developed one..............Ole Miss or Texas
I am thinking Ole Miss especially the way Kiffen can develop QB's

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I agree, why on earth would he go to UGA? The other two are proven QB developers.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
For the record, all this talk about Alabama animus from the Mannings seems about 15 years out of date. It's clear from almost all their comments that they want Arch to go where he can learn, grow and play in big games. Our odds are as good as anyone's.
There is no way to be sure, but few Ohio State legacy kids play for Michigan, or vice versa, and there is a reason. It isn't just about where you went to school decades ago. In a football family, you pull for and against schools every college football season. So, those rivalries don't die off with time. In fact, they might get even more passionate when just a fan than they were as a player.

All that said, Arch will attend a school that gives him an opportunity to develop into a franchise QB. So Alabama has to be on his short list.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
There is no way to be sure, but few Ohio State legacy kids play for Michigan, or vice versa, and there is a reason. It isn't just about where you went to school decades ago. In a football family, you pull for and against schools every college football season. So, those rivalries don't die off with time. In fact, they might get even more passionate when just a fan than they were as a player.

All that said, Arch will attend a school that gives him an opportunity to develop into a franchise QB. So Alabama has to be on his short list.
[/QUOTE
The Mannings already have shown the willingness to break the mold.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I believe that when all of the smoke clears…

…Arch Manning will be playing for The University of Alabama. I believe that there have been many family discussions up to this point, and they all keep coming back to the fact that “The Bama Program” under the command of Coach Saban offers the BEST opportunity for Arch to, not only be the best quarterback that he can be, but to do it within the premier program in NCAA football.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I believe that when all of the smoke clears…

…Arch Manning will be playing for The University of Alabama. I believe that there have been many family discussions up to this point, and they all keep coming back to the fact that “The Bama Program” under the command of Coach Saban offers the BEST opportunity for Arch to, not only be the best quarterback that he can be, but to do it within the premier program in NCAA football.
I'm not saying the kid is not any good but what if he's not as good as advertised just getting props for his name, I'm just saying

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm not saying the kid is not any good but what if he's not as good as advertised just getting props for his name, I'm just saying
Idk man. He is a top ranked recruit who has access to one of the greatest QBs of all time and 2 other NFL QBs. it seems likely he is going to at least be a good college starter and with potential to be great.

Regardless I think we have a shot but I doubt we are in the drivers seat.

I think its very unlikely he goes to LSU and I would be interested to see how the Mannings really feel about Kiffin. I know he's a good offensive coach but he has a very particular personality and I don't think he meshes with everyone.

If I had to bet I'd bet on Texas, Georgia or us. But that's not based on a whole lot.

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn
I'm with you on LSU, and I have heard the Manning's don't care for Kiffin. If I was a betting man I'd have Texas, Georgia, then Bama same as you but he could go somewhere out of nowhere like Clemson!

Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.