2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Any insiders up to speed regarding potential additional O line prospects out of the portal? That`s the biggest hole IMHO between this team and a championship ( still ). That`s also assuming that the WRs get things squared away between their ears and start catching a ball or two.
Not an insider. But Steen is Likely it. Really can't stress how important ekiyor is to this line and getting him back and adding Steen will be a massive upgrade, also its encouraging that brockermeyer looked ok.

If an experienced center hits the portal or pay attention though since even with dalcourt back we may need help there and I wouldn't rule out ekiyor moving there if they think another guard can go in his place.

Saban seemed to hint at his presser the position to look for Im the portal is TE. Said we needed to look at adding depth. That either means just Randolph back TE or looking outside for help.

Reactions: REDSEA

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Not an insider. But Steen is Likely it. Really can't stress how important ekiyor is to this line and getting him back and adding Steen will be a massive upgrade, also its encouraging that brockermeyer looked ok.

If an experienced center hits the portal or pay attention though since even with dalcourt back we may need help there and I wouldn't rule out ekiyor moving there if they think another guard can go in his place.

Saban seemed to hint at his presser the position to look for Im the portal is TE. Said we needed to look at adding depth. That either means just Randolph back TE or looking outside for help.
It would be nice if Bama could get an experienced TE and 1 more experienced O lineman. It would help a lot with depth too. It seems these two positions have had nagging injuries the last few years.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Any insiders up to speed regarding potential additional O line prospects out of the portal? That`s the biggest hole IMHO between this team and a championship ( still ). That`s also assuming that the WRs get things squared away between their ears and start catching a ball or two.
Steen will get plugged in at LT, and Emil Ekiyor didn't play due to injury..line up will most likely be Steen, Cohen, McLaughlin, Ekiyor, and JC Latham. That's will be a solid lineup.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
That's a good lineup. We should be real good this fall with OL. Having Dalcourt should help depth wise. I"m not sure if Center is already set for McLaughlin or Dalcourt.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Be on the look out here....things went really well this weekend.
I think Renaud is going to play the game and build suspense. he had a good visit but I don't think he's Bama lean at this point. he will take an OV at Bama sometime during the summer. we will have a better feel after that OV.

Reactions: TiderJack

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
That's a good lineup. We should be real good this fall with OL. Having Dalcourt should help depth wise. I"m not sure if Center is already set for McLaughlin or Dalcourt.
I would think McLaughlin at this point just on how he played last year versus Dalcourt. Now if Dalcourt was hurt all year and that's why, then who knows. I'd let them play it out in the fall but my money is on McLaughlin.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
For BirminghamBama, sanjosecrimson and jambama. It seems very clear from last year and this year that the offensive line is a huge weakness. What o-line prospects do you anticipate end up in this class? Any of the 5 stars likely? I'll hang up and listen.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I would think McLaughlin at this point just on how he played last year versus Dalcourt. Now if Dalcourt was hurt all year and that's why, then who knows. I'd let them play it out in the fall but my money is on McLaughlin.
Agreed - the difference in performance between the two was massive and the challenge appeared early in the season, so I don't think it was injury related then. That said, he could make huge improvements, but he's missing a lot of time being out with the injury which is not going to help him progress.

Reactions: Tiderollin32

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
We got a CB for 5* RB Richard Young out of NE FLA. Also noticed a bunch of CB's for current Bama commit Elliot Washington to Michigan St so guessing he is a flip candidate.

forumripper1

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 12, 2022
Wouldn't be a huge loss losing Elliot Washington. I know Bama is in the mix for a couple other higher rated safety's. I believe they are Caleb Downs and Joenel Aguero . If Bama can get one of those guys, that would be an upgrade over Washington.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Steen will get plugged in at LT, and Emil Ekiyor didn't play due to injury..line up will most likely be Steen, Cohen, McLaughlin, Ekiyor, and JC Latham. That's will be a solid lineup.
Although no way to know for sure, I`d be surprised if it were otherwise. Wouldn`t surprise me to see Dalcourt as #2 center while also focusing on being first off the bench at either guard slot, provided he can absorb those different skill set requirements.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Good interviews with teammates at Carver Montgomery DT James Smith and LB Qua Russaw. Mack Wilson and Kurtis Perry helping in the recruitment. I believe we are looking very good on both of them.

REALLY would like to see us pick up these two.

Reactions: TiderJack

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.