2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I obviously could be wrong, but I believe Arch Manning knows where he`s going to college. What else is there to learn about Alabama, Georgia, Texas or LSU ? Then again, maybe the Mannings are just down to evaluating the competing NIL deals.
Tough for a 17 year old to make up his mind when the top programs in the nation are all tugging at him. I think he is clueless to where he is going at this point.

Reactions: RollTide_HTTR

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Tough for a 17 year old to make up his mind when the top programs in the nation are all tugging at him. I think he is clueless to where he is going at this point.
You could very well be right TJ. I`d be more inclined to agree if he didn`t have a family full of college all American and pro QBs who know what it takes to prepare for the league. If Archie, Peyton and Eli don`t know the relative merits of the programs in question insofar as QB development for the next level is concerned, I`ll eat every cow in the state of Texas! I could well be mistaken, but I can`t see Arch not leaning HEAVILY on the input from his family.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Obviously, he has ALL of the information that he needs to make a decision.

At this point, I think he is totally torn in several directions by his family.

IMO, it could be that his uncles probably have different opinions as do his parents and grandfather and he can't decide who to please... :unsure:

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
You could very well be right TJ. I`d be more inclined to agree if he didn`t have a family full of college all American and pro QBs who know what it takes to prepare for the league. If Archie, Peyton and Eli don`t know the relative merits of the programs in question insofar as QB development for the next level is concerned, I`ll eat every cow in the state of Texas! I could well be mistaken, but I can`t see Arch not leaning HEAVILY on the input from his family.
He should and I agree he will lean heavily on family but I don't look at that as a disadvantage to us as some think. They are all intelligent football minds and they admire the GOAT just like everybody else does. We may not get Arch but I don't think it will be due to the Manning hatred of Alabama. Once in a lifetime moments only happen once.

Reactions: BamaMoon and Con

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Obviously, he has ALL of the information hat he needs to make a decision.

At this point, I think he is totally torn in several directions by his family.

IMO, it could be that his uncles probably have different opinions as do his parents and grandfather and he can't decide who to please... :unsure:
Could be true. If it is, I feel sorry for the young man. That`s a hell of a thing to put on a kid.

forumripper1

BamaNation Citizen
Apr 12, 2022
I would love Bama to get Holstein. He is a little bigger then Arch ( 6'4 226) Arch ( 6'4 215), and actually is a better runner as well. I believe their skill sets are very similar. So, why not the bigger and better runner? Also, Eli has won a state championship, Arch has not.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
He should and I agree he will lean heavily on family but I don't look at that as a disadvantage to us as some think. They are all intelligent football minds and they admire the GOAT just like everybody else does. We may not get Arch but I don't think it will be due to the Manning hatred of Alabama. Once in a lifetime moments only happen once.
Agree. I don`t think it`s necessarily a disadvantage either if he relies on advice from his family. They certainly have the chops! I know I would if I were in his shoes! All I`m saying is that there`s not anymore OBJECTIVE information to be gained concerning the schools, the programs and their staffs.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Agree. I don`t think it`s necessarily a disadvantage either if he relies on advice from his family. They certainly have the chops! I know I would if I were in his shoes! All I`m saying is that there`s not anymore OBJECTIVE information to be gained concerning the schools, the programs and their staffs.
Holstein just ran a 4.64 in Vegas. Timed 4.19 in the 20 yd Shuttle which is damn good for a 225 lb QB who is a Jr in HS.Went 38 inches in the vertical. And 45'5' with the Power ball.New all-time high for a QB at 133.4.From recent times? Much higher than Lamar,Jalen Hurts,Lawrence,and Fields..

And he can spin it too.Again,to me,easily the top QB prospect in the 23 cycle.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Holstein just ran a 4.64 in Vegas. Timed 4.19 in the 20 yd Shuttle which is damn good for a 225 lb QB who is a Jr in HS.Went 38 inches in the vertical. And 45'5' with the Power ball.New all-time high for a QB at 133.4.From recent times? Much higher than Lamar,Jalen Hurts,Lawrence,and Fields..

And he can spin it too.Again,to me,easily the top QB prospect in the 23 cycle.
I think he will commit to Bama……….

Reactions: The Ols

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
I think he will commit to Bama……….
I believe feelings are mutual and that will be the case.I have heard people say they would/should take 2 QBs. I dont believe that to be anywhere near the case.If they are happy with Holstein,in which I am sure will be the case,why take 2 QBs and waste a scholly when you know there is a 100% chance that one will hit the portal within 1-2 yrs?And then another cycle occurs.PLUS....Ty Simpson and Jalen Milroe will be FBS starting QBs someplace and soon. Just the lay of the land.But I will tell you this. I have watched,played,and Coached football for over 60 years. And at no time have I ever seen a more talented,or athletic, QB room than Alabama has right now. Nowhere.And whats good is that all 3 have plenty of room to grow and improve on things.And they know it.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell and UAH

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
I believe feelings are mutual and that will be the case.I have heard people say they would/should take 2 QBs. I dont believe that to be anywhere near the case.If they are happy with Holstein,in which I am sure will be the case,why take 2 QBs and waste a scholly when you know there is a 100% chance that one will hit the portal within 1-2 yrs?And then another cycle occurs.PLUS....Ty Simpson and Jalen Milroe will be FBS starting QBs someplace and soon. Just the lay of the land.But I will tell you this. I have watched,played,and Coached football for over 60 years. And at no time have I ever seen a more talented,or athletic, QB room than Alabama has right now. Nowhere.And whats good is that all 3 have plenty of room to grow and improve on things.And they know it.
Agree with you that we don't really need to take a second QB if we have Simpson and Milroe already on board. I really like Holstein...seems to have it all including an incredible pocket presence.

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Agree with you that we don't really need to take a second QB if we have Simpson and Milroe already on board. I really like Holstein...seems to have it all including an incredible pocket presence.
He is a really impressive looking young QB.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I obviously could be wrong, but I believe Arch Manning knows where he`s going to college. What else is there to learn about Alabama, Georgia, Texas or LSU ? Then again, maybe the Mannings are just down to evaluating the competing NIL deals.
Not that I think AM won't take a NIL contract, but if there's one recruit that might not be worried about NIL, it's him.

I've said before, but CNS makes AM a possibility because the Mannings want AM to succeed and in college that means developing skills, competing/winning a NC and getting to the NFL. Who else in college football can promise that to a QB more than CNS?

We'll see what happens. I won't cry over him going elsewhere, because I think we'll be just fine at QB.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
the Mannings love Saban. Our staff likes Arch but loves Eli. Go watch tape also he posted the highest spar q score ever for a qb at his elite 11 stuff. Eli will be a top 10 player by end of rankings.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
If anyone thinks they can read CNS' mind, then they are really delusional. Whomever he takes they will be special...we do know that.
Which is why I said I think Saban is leaning that way………..while no one can completely guess what he is thinking, there have been some small clues that would make one think he is really high on him

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Holstein, as much talent, but a lot less drama. Think how fortunate we have been. McElroy, McCarron, Tua, Mac, Bryce, and more, NO DRAMA, think about our competitors, GA. USC. AGGIES, GATORS, TEXAS, BARN, more drama than a bad soap opera. ELI, come on down and, you will be welcomed.

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Holstein, as much talent, but a lot less drama. Think how fortunate we have been. McElroy, McCarron, Tua, Mac, Bryce, and more, NO DRAMA, think about our competitors, GA. USC. AGGIES, GATORS, TEXAS, BARN, more drama than a bad soap opera. ELI, come on down and, you will be welcomed.
So far the only ones being dramatic are the fan bases. Arch hasn’t really said anything.

Reactions: The Ols

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.