2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I watched a couple of segments with Kyle Henderson after his absence for personal reasons. We thought that he was one of the most hard working reporters on the Bama beat but now appears to be very scattered and unfocused for the moment. Hard to watch!
Unfortunately, you're right, always thought he had a good take, more of a moderator sort, but something may be going on here. Don't know.

Reactions: UAH

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I dont' think its' hard... if you plan the 5 visits out in advance, it can be done.. especially on weekends. My parents would definitely come to all of my 5 visits... It would mostly have to be done before school starts. Some can afford to do it during the season... I personally think every parents should attend all of offical visits with their child.
Not hard for you, but my dad was a military officer, you don't tell your CO, hey I'll be gone a day or two, to visit BAMA on my boy's OV. Ain't happening. I also think parents should attend all OV's. But sometimes they can't. No big deal, just the way it is.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Not hard for you, but my dad was a military officer, you don't tell your CO, hey I'll be gone a day or two, to visit BAMA on my boy's OV. Ain't happening. I also think parents should attend all OV's. But sometimes they can't. No big deal, just the way it is.
Well, they do get 30 days leave per year, i think something could be worked out . Especially in today’s military. I worked at NAS Jax for 2 years in 2016. The enlisted barracks there had maid service and room service . Blew my mind . Definitely a different military.

Reactions: JustNeedMe81

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Well, they do get 30 days leave per year, i think something could be worked out . Especially in today’s military. I worked at NAS Jax for 2 years in 2016. The enlisted barracks there had maid service and room service . Blew my mind . Definitely a different military.
Good lord how the military has changed. Maid service in the barracks? Are you kidding me. I forget how much leave you got back then but it didn't matter, dad only took one week a year. Grew up on a farm, took that work ethic with him to the service. Only took the 1 week tp appease my mother.

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Good lord how the military has changed. Maid service in the barracks? Are you kidding me. I forget how much leave you got back then but it didn't matter, dad only took one week a year. Grew up on a farm, took that work ethic with him in the service. Only took the 1 week tp appease my mother.
Not trying to hijack, but yeah. I guess they had to change along with everything else to compete . . Heck, when I served in tge early to mid eighties, as a lower enlisted we still had open bay barracks, then as I was promoted, I had a room, but it had to be ship shape and ready for inspection at all times. And you had to be in the chow line by a certain time! Or you didnt eat.

Last edited:

AlBamaWagg

1st Team
Jan 3, 2007
Mt Juliet, Tn
"Good lord how the military has changed. Maid service in the barracks? Are you kidding me."

When I was in the Army in Korea in '68-'69, we were allowed Korean houseboys(if we could afford them) who took care of lockers, uniforms, bunks, etc., while we were assigned on base.
Meanwhile, back on the recruiting thread.

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Heard a guy on ON3 say on their podcast K Collins, he feels is likely Bama bound, but Fla would not surprise him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.