2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Potential commits today. Collins between 2 and 4, Pulido at 4, both CT. Couldn't find any media involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4Bama

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
we only get one commit today. The other is being bought rn and yet still undecided . This is the issue now the players are being openly bought. I expect more bust and washouts from players going forward because all they care about is money. If that’s what motivates you it’s sad. The other player is still taking visits ( which why are you committing?!?!?) sorry but NCAA is in a horrible place and not sure it will be corrected soon enough

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
we only get one commit today. The other is being bought rn and yet still undecided . This is the issue now the players are being openly bought. I expect more bust and washouts from players going forward because all they care about is money. If that’s what motivates you it’s sad. The other player is still taking visits ( which why are you committing?!?!?) sorry but NCAA is in a horrible place and not sure it will be corrected soon enough
I do think the Transfer portal is a great equalizer in all this though. Some recruit goes to another school, Gets paid. Doesn't get the playing time he thinks he was going to get. Realizes his NFL stock is plummeting and boom. Transfer portal.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
I don't want to say Alabama struggles with getting quality defensive lineman because that's not true. Just look at the Washington commanders (redskins). But it does seem like in the Saban era we have had some head some head scratchers when it comes to missing certain guys who we thought would be shoe ins at Alabama.

Reactions: bamabelle1991

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Potential commits today. Collins between 2 and 4, Pulido at 4, both CT. Couldn't find any media involved.
Kelby Collins chose Florida, supposedly getting paid up front. Some people seem to think he will eventually sign with Bama though. Maybe he just wants to be a part of the Florida program as they re-build under Napier and make a name for himself out of state. Hope he will change his mind and sign with Bama, but if not, I wish him luck... and hopefully the Gators will beat UGA soon. RTR

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I don't want to say Alabama struggles with getting quality defensive lineman because that's not true. Just look at the Washington commanders (redskins). But it does seem like in the Saban era we have had some head some head scratchers when it comes to missing certain guys who we thought would be shoe ins at Alabama.
They sell them on the lack of glory stats. While it’s true that Saban puts defensive linemen in the NFL, he hasn’t put a sack master lineman, that’s the Jack job.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL
Alabama won't stop recruiting him. I still think he will flip to us eventually.
I am really not stressing about it either way. I really respect how classy this forum is about handling itself when things don't go well. I was embarrassed this morning reading a Bama fan's comments on another site (that will remain nameless) having a meltdown because "we are losing all the in state D-lineman, and this class was supposed to be a deep in state D-lineman class" and settling for "plan B's".

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.