2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
want to thank those who said those nice things. I've been very fortunate to have some great connections with the program. I'm not always right and been wrong before but try to do my best. Bham and SJC have great insight. I feel great about flipping Keely. the corner from FLA we will be hard to beat unless UF goes ridiculous ( but idk if it matter they really screwed the pooch in this recruitment) I feel like Hill and Hobbs are top 60 players and we are in a really good spot for them. I think we get Smith and Qua. I really really really want D Wilson in this class. We will have more names pop up during the year or committed guys visit in December. Recruiting is like water very fluid.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
want to thank those who said those nice things. I've been very fortunate to have some great connections with the program. I'm not always right and been wrong before but try to do my best. Bham and SJC have great insight. I feel great about flipping Keely. the corner from FLA we will be hard to beat unless UF goes ridiculous ( but idk if it matter they really screwed the pooch in this recruitment) I feel like Hill and Hobbs are top 60 players and we are in a really good spot for them. I think we get Smith and Qua. I really really really want D Wilson in this class. We will have more names pop up during the year or committed guys visit in December. Recruiting is like water very fluid.
This is who Jam is referencing with D Wilson. Jam - would you take Wilson over Keeley or take both? His first step is amazing and has very good speed.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
This is who Jam is referencing with D Wilson. Jam - would you take Wilson over Keeley or take both?

BOTH Keely is the best Edge guy out there and a body of a Chase Young/Jason Taylor type. Wilson is similar to Turner and YP is a top 70 kid with 1st round talent (he tore up our camp ) The amount of talent we have at OLB on campus is insane (drew Sanders will go in 1st 3 rounds when he comes out and was fourth at best in Jan ) CB would start for 95% of teams if not all. Koht is a name to remember for next year physical freak and will make a move at some-point. JA is a beast too but imo will be a A Jennings type but more athletic.

LetTheGoodTideRoll

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 13, 2021
BOTH Keely is the best Edge guy out there and a body of a Chase Young/Jason Taylor type. Wilson is similar to Turner and YP is a top 70 kid with 1st round talent (he tore up our camp ) The amount of talent we have at OLB on campus is insane (drew Sanders will go in 1st 3 rounds when he comes out and was fourth at best in Jan ) CB would start for 95% of teams if not all. Koht is a name to remember for next year physical freak and will make a move at some-point. JA is a beast too but imo will be a A Jennings type but more athletic.
Damon Wilson reminds me of Marvin Jones Jr. from last cycle, who I really really wanted and thought we had in the bag until UGA came in late. Almost feel badly for guys like Koht who I know have Sunday talent but won't sniff the field until their third year at the soonest. Hope a lot of these guys are willing to stay the course and maximize their potential at Bama rather than flying the coop for earlier playing time. Same goes for guys we're recruiting in the '23 cycle.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Damon Wilson reminds me of Marvin Jones Jr. from last cycle, who I really really wanted and thought we had in the bag until UGA came in late. Almost feel badly for guys like Koht who I know have Sunday talent but won't sniff the field until their third year at the soonest. Hope a lot of these guys are willing to stay the course and maximize their potential at Bama rather than flying the coop for earlier playing time. Same goes for guys we're recruiting in the '23 cycle.
They get visibility playing at Bama. There’s nothing wrong with waiting a couple of years to get your turn. It saves wear and tear on your body and yet you still get a chance to shine on the biggest stage there is. Brian Robinson, Mac Jones, and many others made the most of their opportunity when it became available.

Heck Marlon redshirted because there was so much talent in front of him. And yet he still left after his third year

LetTheGoodTideRoll

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 13, 2021
They get visibility playing at Bama. There’s nothing wrong with waiting a couple of years to get your turn. It saves wear and tear on your body and yet you still get a chance to shine on the biggest stage there is. Brian Robinson, Mac Jones, and many others made the most of their opportunity when it became available.

Heck Marlon redshirted because there was so much talent in front of him. And yet he still left after his third year
Of course there's nothing wrong with it, but highly ranked players more and more expect to see the field immediately. I admire the guys who are willing to stick it out and get better while they're not getting snaps, but that ain't everybody. Especially if you came to college with five stars next to your name.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
Damon Wilson _ Damon Wilson - Hudl

2023 top Edge Recuits:
1. Keon Keely
4. Qua Russaw
5. Damon WIlson
13. Yhonzae Pierre

2023 Top Defensive Line:

2. Keon Keely
3. James Smith
6. Qua Russaw
8. Damon Wilson
15. Jordan Renaud
16. Kelby Collins.
26. Yhonzae Pierre
32. Hunter Osborne

49. Edric Hill - Likely commit to Bama

I think we'll be alright.
So, are you saying now would be a good time to thank Mal, once again, and to TRUST THE PROCESS?
Asking for a friend…..

• Haha
Reactions: Perrett4Bama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.