2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

buckeyeFB_

3rd Team
Jun 24, 2019
All the 247sports crystal balls are now saying Keeley to Bama.

A little disappointed because it was well-known that if (when) Keeley de-committed from ND, he would be picking either Bama or Ohio State, but I'd still rather see him go to Bama than ND despite the fairly likely chance that Ohio State will have to play against Keeley in the future if he goes to Bama. I just can't stand ND.

Seeing the meltdown from ND fans over this de-commitment has been hilarious. They're blaming NIL, as if it's unreasonable that a D-End would rather play for Bama/Freddie Roach/Saban or Ohio State/Larry Johnson than Notre Dame/Al Washington lol. They've had a few months of elite recruiting for the first time this century and this is how they're reacting to this news...

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL

A little disappointed because it was well-known that if (when) Keeley de-committed from ND, he would be picking either Bama or Ohio State, but I'd still rather see him go to Bama than ND despite the fairly likely chance that Ohio State will have to play against Keeley in the future if he goes to Bama. I just can't stand ND.

Seeing the meltdown from ND fans over this de-commitment has been hilarious. They're blaming NIL, as if it's unreasonable that a D-End would rather play for Bama/Freddie Roach/Saban or Ohio State/Larry Johnson than Notre Dame/Al Washington lol. They've had a few months of elite recruiting for the first time this century and this is how they're reacting to this news...
I saw that too. They flip back and forth between being smug elitist about their degrees to being "poor little ole notre dame".

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I'm thinking Keeley will commit after he takes his OV to T-town, Hill says yes on Monday. If so, this D class would really be rounding into form. Maybe this class will be epic as some have predicted. I didn't think so a few weeks ago but Saban is at it again.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexanderFan

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I'm hoping Keeley this weekend, Hill on Monday. If so, this D class would really be rounding into form. Maybe this class will be epic as some have predicted. I didn't think so a few weeks ago but Saban is at it again.
There’s a gaping hole to work opposite Dallas Turner next year, these edge guys have to see that. They should be lining up in droves.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm thinking Keeley will commit after he takes his OV to T-town, Hill says yes on Monday. If so, this D class would really be rounding into form. Maybe this class will be epic as some have predicted. I didn't think so a few weeks ago but Saban is at it again.
Keeley might be already a silent commit..

The legends have repeatedly told us to trust the process.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Bham, how do you like our chances of convincing him to play for the good guys in the end? Fact that he's giving us consideration despite the NIL bag makes me think he is still listening to his better angels at least somewhat.
Not Bham, or anything, but I want to ask a question on top of that.

1) how many DBs are we taking in this class? I've heard 5... but I've heard we might take more.

2) I'm tracking McClain, Vickers and Ricks... Now Malik Muhammad . Anyone else we targeting? Out of them, who are we likely to strongly considering for the class?

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Bham, how do you like our chances of convincing him to play for the good guys in the end? Fact that he's giving us consideration despite the NIL bag makes me think he is still listening to his better angels at least somewhat.
If Texas doesn't have an amazing season, then yes..TRob has been great keeping communication open with he and his dad so we will definitely have a shot in the end.

Reactions: LetTheGoodTideRoll

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

1) how many DBs are we taking in this class? I've heard 5... but I've heard we might take more.

2) I'm tracking McClain, Vickers and Ricks... Now Malik Muhammad . Anyone else we targeting? Out of them, who are we likely to strongly considering for the class?
Remember...Ricks is 2024...there is not a guarantee that he will reclassify. I'm hearing Vickers to OU. Bama has a got guys that they consider to be hybrid DB types that can play star, money, or safety and that is what they consider Vickers. They are focusing on pure CB types. Sharif Denson is another name to watch.

Last edited:

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL

Depending on where Hubbard ends up, we have three or with Hubbard four DB's committed already.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Remember...Ricks is 2024...there is not a guarantee that he will reclassify. I'm hearing Vickers to OU. Bama has a got guys that they consider to be hybrid DB types that can play star, money, or safety and that is what they consider Vickers. They are focusing on pure CB types. Sharing Denson is another name to watch.
Now, that make sense. Mitchell and Hubbard are Hybrid CBs
Hurley is pure CB. Downs is safety. It make sense to get remaining CB thatt's purely CB. More of mix and match.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

On3 CB's are coming in heavy for Keeley to Bama also. Looking great and what an awesome flip this would be.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.