2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Getting back to our targets. Now that Renaud is in. Does that impact keeley or Russia?

Does the offer to this ath/lb we've never heard of mean we're missing on someone else?

Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
do you think they come out of HS looking like DH ? I mean tell me you haven't watched Young's tape without telling me you haven't watched Young's tape.
I have watched Young's tape and he's a tough back but we'll have to agree to disagree. Been watching ball a long time and nothing brings it like a big back(see Najee and BRob, 220lbs+) My point is weight is much more powerful than muscle. I really wanted Branson Robinson(Ga back) due to his size but that didn't happen. Curious as to why they seemingly stopped recruiting bigger backs. Rant off.

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I have watched Young's tape and he's a tough back but we'll have to agree to disagree. Been watching ball a long time and nothing brings it like a big back(see Najee and BRob, 220lbs+) My point is weight is much more powerful than muscle. I really wanted Branson Robinson(Ga back) due to his size but that didn't happen. Curious as to why they seemingly stopped recruiting bigger backs. Rant off.
B rob just left for the NFL we recruited Kyle Edwards who was 210 and then transferred. so we have recruited them to include Robinson didn't work and glad too. Gibbs ,Jase , Roydell , and Miller are better backs. the game has evolved unless you are a freak like DH or Najee no need to just have a big back. Robinson had to lose weight to contribute at bama. others go from 200 to 218 etc. its really not a good idea ever to recruit a big rb just for that. Jase is 214 Williams 212 and Trey 216, Mark Ingram was 215 so not seeing the reason to go any further. Call Nick when you find the next DH or Najee he will be on him like white on rice

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
He’s in the package deal with the other guy and I think they are takes regardless of who else is committed.
Right, but does us adding several other edge players reduce our chances with Russaw, and therefore with the big DT we'd really like to get?

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Getting back to our targets. Now that Renaud is in. Does that impact keeley or Russia?

Does the offer to this ath/lb we've never heard of mean we're missing on someone else?
Keely russaw and Smith are takes regardless.

Plan for Renaud is to add size and play on the dline so different position as keely and russaw.

Sounds like the plan is to get 5 or 6 dlinemen in this class.

Im hearing Russia will not qualify as they are currently failing their illegal war class.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.