2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
Cormani McClain is also visiting same weekend as Keeley. He would be a HUGE pick up at corner. All the recruiting services are extremely high on this kid.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
well, well, well... here comes Jimbo and and his hard working coaches.
Hicks to TAMU. :rolleyes:
We have to get the rules/guidelines put in before this changes. The Jimbo see no evil, hear no evil routine is total crap.
I'm reading that OU was completely blindsided with this news. up to 30 minutes before his verbal, he told OU staff he was coming to Norman!!

LetTheGoodTideRoll

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 13, 2021
Do any of our insiders know whether the staff feels confident about Damon Wilson? Kid seems to give no hints at all publicly. I know Keeley is everybody's flavor of the week but I am just as excited about Wilson's ability.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Based on NO inside info, it just seems that there is something "funny" about the Smith and Russaw recruitment. Seems like AU could be their destination. Does anyone know anything or have any gut feelings about them? :) There was no info coming out of their visit.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Based on NO inside info, it just seems that there is something "funny" about the Smith and Russaw recruitment. Seems like AU could be their destination. Does anyone know anything or have any gut feelings about them? :) There was no info coming out of their visit.
AU???? I kind of thought if not us then UGA. But what do I know? If AU, I guess it would mean that they`re not concerned as to who their head coach might be (? ) or position coach, for that matter.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Ols

LetTheGoodTideRoll

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 13, 2021
They both interviewed with On3 after the Vandy game. Smith hardly says boo so it's not very enlightening but Russaw sounded pretty excited about what he saw from the defense (especially the "cheetah" package where Turner, Braswell and Anderson are on the field together).

Reactions: The Ols

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
They both interviewed with On3 after the Vandy game. Smith hardly says boo so it's not very enlightening but Russaw sounded pretty excited about what he saw from the defense (especially the "cheetah" package where Turner, Braswell and Anderson are on the field together).
I read that article, and in the end one of the mods said he still think they end up with Bama.

Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Do any of our insiders know whether the staff feels confident about Damon Wilson? Kid seems to give no hints at all publicly. I know Keeley is everybody's flavor of the week but I am just as excited about Wilson's ability.
I think Bama is still recruiting . I would say it's between Bama/OSU. He hasn't scheduled a visit to Miami, Georgia or Texas or anywhere else. If i had to guess, I think he's all OSU... but then again.. who knows?

Reactions: B1GTide

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I'm reading that OU was completely blindsided with this news. up to 30 minutes before his verbal, he told OU staff he was coming to Norman!!
I saw that. That was dirty move by the kid. He took the money over development. and Why do Texas needs more DL? This is a huge concern because of this, HOw do we know it won't happen again? Might flip lot of kids at last second?

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I saw that. That was dirty move by the kid. He took the money over development. and Why do Texas needs more DL? This is a huge concern because of this, HOw do we know it won't happen again? Might flip lot of kids at last second?
I want to point out that at the end of the day, the kid had a choice... He just made a dumb decision.... IMO. I really thought OU was best place for him....

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
To be fair, we don't know what happened or why. We also don't know the kid or his family's situation. Besides, a lot of players change their minds at the very end – and more than a few come to Alabama. If he was offered more money and took it, that's his choice. I wonder if OU's loss over the weekend may have raised some red flags. Regardless, calling it a dirty move seems a bit harsh.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
To be fair, we don't know what happened or why. We also don't know the kid or his family's situation. Besides, a lot of players change their minds at the very end – and more than a few come to Alabama. If he was offered more money and took it, that's his choice. I wonder if OU's loss over the weekend may have raised some red flags. Regardless, calling it a dirty move seems a bit harsh.
If the kid was telling OU he was going to commit to them that day or recently then I would call it straight up lying which could be a character flaw. I don't know all the details in this one but according to SJC the OU staff was blindsided. I know it happens from time to time and I feel that way about any kid that mis-leads a staff.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.