2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I have a question. Does a Freeze Hire affect Russaw/Smith ?
Supposedly Auburn NIL plans to offer 2 million to each of Russaw, Smith, and a few of our verbal commits like Hurley, Collins, and another one. Hopefully Bama NIL will be prepared for it plus all the other wild stuff between now and signing day. I’d really like Russaw and Smith to come to Bama.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Supposedly Auburn NIL plans to offer 2 million to each of Russaw, Smith, and a few of our verbal commits like Hurley, Collins, and another one. Hopefully Bama NIL will be prepared for it plus all the other wild stuff between now and signing day. I’d really like Russaw and Smith to come to Bama.
Thing about money these days, kids win either way because Bama can match funds if need be. Money being equal, players want to win and go to the NFL.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Just straight up auctions now. So, now we have a system in which a high school kid instantly has a net worth FAR exceeding what, maybe 90% of the posters on this board, most of whom have busted their humps to make a decent living for their families for 20-30 years? Good Lord.

Last edited:

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
Just straight up auctions now. So, now we have a system in which a high school kid instantly has a net worth FAR exceeding what, maybe 90% of the posters on this board, most of whom have busted their humps to make a decent living for their families for 20-30 years? Good Lord.
Question is that once you drop enough dough on a high school kid and his family to "seemingly" be in high cotton the rest of their days. What reason is there to work after that? This NIL stuff will quickly find out all about the law of diminishing returns. I'm not sure if Texas A&M isn't the dead canary in the coal mine.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.