2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Question is that once you drop enough dough on a high school kid and his family to "seemingly" be in high cotton the rest of their days. What reason is there to work after that? This NIL stuff will quickly find out all about the law of diminishing returns. I'm not sure if Texas A&M isn't the dead canary in the coal mine.
That’s the advantage of Saban’s process. Let’s be real though, that would test any person’s mental fortitude.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Question is that once you drop enough dough on a high school kid and his family to "seemingly" be in high cotton the rest of their days. What reason is there to work after that? This NIL stuff will quickly find out all about the law of diminishing returns. I'm not sure if Texas A&M isn't the dead canary in the coal mine.
There is so much truth to what you're saying and I think this is what we'll ultimately see materialize on the field, is a subpar product. Not every superstar is like Bryce Young, in that even though he is already a millionaire, still plays like his next meal depends on it. That is HIGHLY uncommon for adults, yet we expect it out of kids? LOL! Unless tighter framework is put on the NIL and the transfer portal, we're about to see a very good product potentially go to crap.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Hell yeah !! Why work to achieve anything in life? I`m sorry, but all this is doing, at least the way it`s currently configured, is contributing to the ongoing wussification of our society.

Bamabirdie

Scout Team
Dec 24, 2013
Sunny South Florida
There is so much truth to what you're saying and I think this is what we'll ultimately see on the field, a subpar product. Not every superstar is like Bryce Young, in that even though he is already a millionaire, still plays like his next meal depends on it. That is HIGHLY uncommon for adults, yet we expect it out of kids? LOL! Unless tighter framework is put on the NIL and the transfer portal, we're about to see a very good product potentially go to crap.
Understandable and expectable how this has skewed recruiting, and impacted the CNS approach of adding to your own value by sticking with a proven Process.
But, this will eventually weaken many of the programs, and be one of the big nails in the coffin of college football.
For the current moment, I’m wondering if it already hasn’t bitten some of our current players. Bryce might be a lot more of an exception….think how lackadaisical this years guys appeared to be, and consider the lack of focus/attention to detail that saw so many penalties and other mental errors.
We have met the enemy…….

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Heard Rodney Orr on radio and he spoke with Keely and he believes Bama is in good shape
Is he a signing day announcement? Also I know this is a little off topic but usually it's our pigskin guys who show everybody how to get it done, but maybe this year it will be our lady soccer team who step up. Hard to believe but the final 4 for futbol begins tomorrow night on ESPNU. We are there and we are GOOD. Everybody should tune in for a minute, let's get those ratings up. Men's Bball team looks good too. ROLL TIDE.

Last edited:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Is he a signing day announcement? Also I know this is a little off topic but usually it's our pigskin guys who show everybody how to get it done, but maybe this year it will be our lady soccer team who step up. Hard to believe but the final 4 for futbol begins tomorrow night on ESPNU. We are there and we are GOOD. Everybody should tune in for a minute, let's get those ratings up. Men's Bball team looks good too. ROLL TIDE.
Early signing day i believe. I think he's and EE.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.