2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Get out the checkbook because it is all about the money.........
agreed, but let's not forget Cormani was a heavy Bama lean before Miami and NIL became a factor. He has to ask himself; does he want to be part of the greatest Dynasty in CFB history, playing for the GOAT, showcasing his skills on national TV every week against stellar competition all the while having a better chance of winning a NC than anywhere else on his list. decisions...

LetTheGoodTideRoll

BamaNation Citizen
Feb 13, 2021
agreed, but let's not forget Cormani was a heavy Bama lean before Miami and NIL became a factor. He has to ask himself; does he want to be part of the greatest Dynasty in CFB history, playing for the GOAT, showcasing his skills on national TV every week against stellar competition all the while having a better chance of winning a NC than anywhere else on his list. decisions...
Complicated decisions, too. I don't know anything about the McClain family but do know that 2M (the NIL figure that Miami supposedly offered him) would be life-changing for almost any family. It's hard to blame someone for taking that sort of $, even if it's short-term thinking. All that said I know that Bama has put together a competitive NIL 'package' for its recruits and hope it does the same with Cormani.

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
Hearing Cormani McClain is now announcing tomorrow at the All American game per TI. Anybody hearing anything?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Regardless, he can’t actually sign until NSD, right?
Given the circus around his recruitment, I’d be surprised if a commitment tomorrow (assuming it happens at all) amounts to anything more than an indication of interest.

I just wonder if it’s worth putting up with this level of self-centeredness to get the talent.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
If McClain wants to be apart of history already being made, have a shot at a CFPNC and get drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft then come on to Bama. The NIL money is there to be made (i.e. Bryce, Will Anderson), why does that have to be the dealbreaker? I think some of these recruits and their parents forget your performance is what's going to pay you. How can you demand top dollar and haven't proved anything?

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.