2023 Recruiting: 2023 Recruiting Targets

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
We finished with nine 5*'s in 2023. What a class! Pierre and Hale added recently.

Too bad he can’t figure out how to use all this talent he’s assembled as a way to garner the interest from decent offensive and defensive coordinators. I just can’t understand why it’s taking so long…he must be down to “Plan C” after this long!!!

• Haha
Reactions: TiderJack

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
I`ll be interested to see how many of these kids are here after 2 years.
I know what you’re saying…but I’m just glad we‘re in a position to have the cream that rises to the top of the milk barrel as apposed to settling for the dregs that settle at the bottom of the beer barrel.
Coach can scrape the cream off the top and move on to the next “recruiting barrel”

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I know what you’re saying…but I’m just glad we‘re in a position to have the cream that rises to the top of the milk barrel as apposed to settling for the dregs that settle at the bottom of the beer barrel.
Coach can scrape the cream off the top and move on to the next “recruiting barrel”
Oh, don`t misunderstand. I`m as pleased as anyone else as to the class.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
LOL!

Yeah, I was talking about the same method in assessment that determined that tamu's was the greatest last year...😉
To answer your question we have the #2 all-time class. We have 327.69 with 28 signees and nine 5*'s. In 2022 A&M had 333.13 points with 30 signees and eight 5*'s. However, I believe seven have already left the program including two 5*'s.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
To answer your question we have the #2 all-time class. We have 327.69 with 28 signees and nine 5*'s. In 2022 A&M had 333.13 points with 30 signees and eight 5*'s. However, I believe seven have already left the program including two 5*'s.
I actually have to correct myself. This class was the 3rd highest class of all time. Our 2021 class is #2.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I saw where Sawyer Deerman committed to Bama today as a PWO. I read that he is a local from ACA and Hillcrest. He had offers from TN, Ole Miss, GT, and others. He seems like a good addition. He played several positions in high school including QB, some RB, and WR. I think he wants to play slot WR in college. Maybe he can work hard and get some play time.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I saw where Sawyer Deerman committed to Bama today as a PWO. I read that he is a local from ACA and Hillcrest. He had offers from TN, Ole Miss, GT, and others. He seems like a good addition. He played several positions in high school including QB, some RB, and WR. I think he wants to play slot WR in college. Maybe he can work hard and get some play time.
Sounds like a good addition. I was thinking earlier today it's amazing this recruiting page is so dead today. That early signing period really changed things.

Reactions: Con and seebell

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Sounds like a good addition. I was thinking earlier today it's amazing this recruiting page is so dead today. That early signing period really changed things.
Yeah, not much going on today. I saw where Demouy Kennedy committed to Colorado.

Regarding Sawyer Deerman, he said that Saban sees him as being a good punt returner and compared him to Jalyn Waddle as far as returning punts/kickoffs are concerned. Sawyer Deerman has wanted a scholarship offer from Bama for a few years now, but never got one. One reason, he thinks, is because he played several different positions and Bama did not see enough film of him at slot WR because he only played that position one year. I'm just glad he chose Bama, especially since that was his dream school and he lives only 10 minutes from campus. Maybe he can be like Levi Wallace was and eventually earn a scholarship.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Don't see anywhere if this is a walk on or scholarship player

Edit- nevermind they updated the article and title right as I posted he is a PWO

Your heart really goes out to these players. He could get a scholarship at other D1 schools and every lower division school but instead comes to Tuscaloosa to get mauled on the practice squad everyday. Thing is though, he will make everyone else better as he gets better himself and probably later transfer as a prized recruit for someone.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Regarding Sawyer Deerman, he said that Saban sees him as being a good punt returner and compared him to Jalyn Waddle as far as returning punts/kickoffs are concerned. Sawyer Deerman has wanted a scholarship offer from Bama for a few years now, but never got one. One reason, he thinks, is because he played several different positions and Bama did not see enough film of him at slot WR because he only played that position one year. I'm just glad he chose Bama, especially since that was his dream school and he lives only 10 minutes from campus. Maybe he can be like Levi Wallace was and eventually earn a scholarship.
Your heart really goes out to these players. He could get a scholarship at other D1 schools and every lower division school but instead comes to Tuscaloosa to get mauled on the practice squad everyday. Thing is though, he will make everyone else better as he gets better himself and probably later transfer as a prized recruit for someone.
I love stories like this one. Kids like that will give 110%. It won't be for trying if he doesn't succeed in getting some PT!

And if he's anything like Waddle I'll have some of that!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
May be another Rashaad Johnson. Time will tell.

Reactions: TheRealPokeChop

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.