2023 RIP Thread

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Former Athletics captain, Brewers GM Sal Bando dies at 78 (espn.com)

Sal Bando, a four-time All-Star third baseman for the Oakland Athletics who later played for and became general manager of the Milwaukee Brewers, died of cancer Friday at the age of 78, the teams announced Saturday.

Bando won three consecutive world championships as captain of the A's from 1972 to 1974, leading the American League in extra-base hits (64), doubles (32) and total bases (295) during the 1973 season, when he hit .287 while playing in all 162 games.

The Athletics said in a statement that Bando had had cancer for more than five years.

================

Just wanted to say, "I HATE cancer."

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Reactions: seebell

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My trusty landscape trailer. Dropped her off at the recycling place this morning for scrap. :cry:

Fitting end though to a life well lived. She came as a package deal with the truck I bought when I started my business back in '01. Never garaged. Went through a re-fit of all metal fabric back in 2011 and also had a new gate made prior to that. Then that fell apart so just made one out of wood for it's last year in service.

She was used when I bought her - but in good condition:

P1009114.jpg

The refit in 2011:
IMG_2148.JPG

And this morning:
IMG_9378.JPG

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
My trusty landscape trailer. Dropped her off at the recycling place this morning for scrap. :cry:

Fitting end though to a life well lived. She came as a package deal with the truck I bought when I started my business back in '01. Never garaged. Went through a re-fit of all metal fabric back in 2011 and also had a new gate made prior to that. Then that fell apart so just made one out of wood for it's last year in service.

She was used when I bought her - but in good condition:

View attachment 31840

The refit in 2011:
View attachment 31841

And this morning:
View attachment 31842
Looks like you got your money's worth.

Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Looks like you got your money's worth.
Yeah I did. Probably should have retired her last year but as long as she kept hauling I kept her on!

Over the years she hauled plants, mulch, soil, washed shell, trees and palms, sod, equipment, irrigation materials, and even motorcycles! Lot of wonderful memories.

Here she is hauling a Livistona saribus back in 2015, for example........

IMG_6286.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: seebell

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Shirley has joined Laverne and Squiggy

😢😢😢

ETA: turns out Lenny is the only one of the main cast left. I didn't realize Carmine had died - but when I looked at the date on it, I realized it was when my brain was stressed to the max and just before I took my break from work, so I was probably paying little attention.

Last edited:

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Hey Bazza, I just kinda assumed this thread was for people not inanimate objects! :)
What's next? A tree in your yard passed away? :)

• Haha
Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Hey Bazza, I just kinda assumed this thread was for people not inanimate objects! :)
What's next? A tree in your yard passed away? :)

Seriously - no disrespect intended to the humans who passed but certain things are very sentimental to me. Additionally, I feel it's important to give respect to those who stand beside you when things are dicey - when you are doing battle - and that little trailer was almost like my best friend for many many years and on many many adventures. It really deserved a mention.... 🙏

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.