2024 Recruiting: 2024 Recruiting Targets

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I was wondering about Isaia Faga‘s commitment. He is fairly light for a DL. I watched some film on him and wow. No way he is a three star. He is really quick for a DL and his effort is great. I’m excited we got him.
Has been out performing his ranking since summer camps. Will certainly need to add size but that's common for our dline. Should develop nicely at bama.

Reactions: Tidelines

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I saw on other board that Saban is planning to hit the portal hard in december to fill in several positions... shifting his focus toward that and that's why we hadn't heard much about commits for this class... I might be wrong.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I saw on other board that Saban is planning to hit the portal hard in december to fill in several positions... shifting his focus toward that and that's why we hadn't heard much about commits for this class... I might be wrong.
That is interesting. I can't imagine us abandoning traditional recruiting, but there's no question CNS will adjust to using the portal to his advantage.

I'm afraid college football may turn into a bunch of teams that are one-and-done like basketball. If that happens it'll be sad!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If true, I wouldn't be surprised. Missed evaluations have caused that.:rolleyes:

Proven ability trumps potential ability every time. :cool:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
That is interesting. I can't imagine us abandoning traditional recruiting, but there's no question CNS will adjust to using the portal to his advantage.

I'm afraid college football may turn into a bunch of teams that are one-and-done like basketball. If that happens it'll be sad!
I don't believe we are abandoning anything. We are just "expanding; our search base.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
The class is basically full 20 right now.and we probably take 25. The season and high school seasons are under way. Commits will pick back up around December as they usually do.

We may hit the portal hard and probably need to ar certain positions (dline, oline, WR maybe) but that has nothing to do with "giving up" on recruiting high school kids.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The class is basically full 20 right now.and we probably take 25. The season and high school seasons are under way. Commits will pick back up around December as they usually do.

We may hit the portal hard and probably need to ar certain positions (dline, oline, WR maybe) but that has nothing to do with "giving up" on recruiting high school kids.
Exactly. Our bread and butter is high school recruits and always will be as long as Saban is here. We will cherry pick in the portal and we may take 2-3 more than we typically do unless mass exoduses happen.

Tidelines

All-American
Oct 19, 2022
I never saw a list of visitors for the UT game. I would imagine they enjoyed the show. Anybody hear anything encouraging?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Anybody know anything on a DE out of Canada? Seems he had a great visit Saturday. I don't even have a name.
I think it may be this guy. Looks impressive. We signed DL Isaiah Hastings in the '22 class from Canada.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Is Hill the big RB who already weighs around 220?

Would like to see another big back after the likes of Najee and Henry!!!
From what I have read, He is more Najee than Henry. Doesnt have the extra gear to pull away from defensive backs. But, for his size, he has a lot of suddenness and acceleration . Some project him as a TE, I’ve seen reports that he is in the twothirties for weight. I would just call him hammer and give him the ball. Especially if we continue with the jumbo Oline.

Reactions: Tidelines

Latest threads