Link: 2025 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
It looks like 4* QB Keelon Russell is our top target who is currently committed to SMU. #1 QB per ESPN and top 8 per 247 and On3.

Yes likely our top guy at the moment other than JuJu but if we can't get a visit scheduled there we can't wait on him.

Russell is really good, on par with milroe as an athlete and maybe a more polished passer coming out of high school.

His recruitment has been heating up and it seems like we are his new favorite, may even be a silent commit at this point.

I think we take 2 qbs in this class or we grab a portal guy next winter. My expectation is milroe will be NFL bound and ty Simpson should be ready to take over and we will likely lose either of the two backups to the portal.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Yes likely our top guy at the moment other than JuJu but if we can't get a visit scheduled there we can't wait on him.

Russell is really good, on par with milroe as an athlete and maybe a more polished passer coming out of high school.

His recruitment has been heating up and it seems like we are his new favorite, may even be a silent commit at this point.

I think we take 2 qbs in this class or we grab a portal guy next winter. My expectation is milroe will be NFL bound and ty Simpson should be ready to take over and we will likely lose either of the two backups to the portal.
I hope that he is!

Not to hijack the thread, but what's your gut feeling on our chances with Juju?:unsure:

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
I hope that he is!

Not to hijack the thread, but what's your gut feeling on our chances with Juju?:unsure:
If we can get him for an OV, then we have a real shot. Im not certain we will get that OV. He said he wanted to see what the offense looks like before scheduling us,

Thats said the schools getting visits tell me he is looking for a bigger bag in NIL then we may be willing to pay for him.

If he sets an OV during the season I would put us in his top two. Currently, I think he sticks with USC.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
If we can get him for an OV, then we have a real shot. Im not certain we will get that OV. He said he wanted to see what the offense looks like before scheduling us,

Thats said the schools getting visits tell me he is looking for a bigger bag in NIL then we may be willing to pay for him.

If he sets an OV during the season I would put us in his top two. Currently, I think he sticks with USC.
I agree that his bag is too big and I believe we are looking at some other QB's hard including Russell as well as in-state QB Lacey and Knight in Mississippi.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

TheRealPokeChop

Hall of Fame
Jul 7, 2010
Hueytown, Al
Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.

Latest threads