22-23 Polls and Rankings Thread

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
4/5 is higher than I thought we would be after the whipping we took on Saturday. I was expecting to be in the 8/9 range.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
4/5 is higher than I thought we would be after the whipping we took on Saturday. I was expecting to be in the 8/9 range.
Nah the CBB Polls don't usually have severe drops like that off of just 1 loss when a team has a strong resume.

We are still ranked in the 2-4 range by a lot of metrics and are still projected as a 1 seed.

If we drop 1-2 more games in the upcoming stretch though then yes could fall back a bit.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
AP Poll is out, we are now 3rd ... they kept Purdue #1 as I figured, Tenn is now 6th:

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I agree. Don't see any benefit to being ranked #1 at this time of year.

Would, however, prefer UTENN to be ranked higher. Seems like that would help our cause, no matter the outcome - win or lose - on Tuesday the 15th.
As long as they don't lose before we play them it should still count as a Q1 game. I think that may be the one chance we make it to #1 before the tourney starts. But I'm thinking after Saturday, voters are saying a lot has to happen with Purdue for them to lose the number #1 spot. Which is fine ... I would rather us be ranked number #1 by winning the NCAA tourney honestly.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
How does Houston strength of schedule compare to ours? I know they have 1 less loss than us but I think we should be ranked ahead of them due to head to head win.

whatsamatta U

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Athens, AL
As long as they don't lose before we play them it should still count as a Q1 game. I think that may be the one chance we make it to #1 before the tourney starts. But I'm thinking after Saturday, voters are saying a lot has to happen with Purdue for them to lose the number #1 spot. Which is fine ... I would rather us be ranked number #1 by winning the NCAA tourney honestly.
It should still be a Quad 1. No way Tn or AU would fall too far in the rankings losing a game.
If I’m looking at the Quad requirements and understood your post correctly.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

CoachJeff

Suspended
Jan 21, 2014
Shelby County Alabama
How does Houston strength of schedule compare to ours? I know they have 1 less loss than us but I think we should be ranked ahead of them due to head to head win.
Houston's SoS is somewhere in the 80s. Bama is in the teens.

**As of 2/13 Kenpom has Bama with the 8th toughest schedule and Houston with the 97th toughest schedule.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: JDCrimson

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.