25th amendment thread

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
True story:
My favorite talking point to my Trumper lawyer friend...every time he brings Trump up since shortly after he won, has been that Trump will never finish his first term, they will haul him out in a straightjacket. I would say it to just to twist his tail, but I’m starting to feel like Nostradamus.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Not sure what’s to be gained by this.
A man capable of destroying the world has lost his mind and you don't think we should at least try to restrain him? This may be more important than the election.

What will he be capable of after he loses?

• Facepalm
Reactions: TexasBama

PaulD

All-SEC
Dec 29, 2006
near Perry, Georgia, United States
I think it's mainly for display. The 25th Amendment allows Congress to create a commission as an alternative to the Cabinet as the group that triggers the process of declaring a president to be disabled. Congress has just never gotten around to that. The odds of it passing the House AND Senate this year are a bit south of zero and what do you think odds are that, if it did pass, Trump would veto it?

It's actually not a bad idea to set something like that up in advance, but it won't happen in 2020. Trump could be in a coma and they'd deny it.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
You’ve got an 81 year old leading this effort. Not great optics.
Good point who herself hasn’t been as coherent in front of the camera. I genuinely felt sorry for her in the George Stephanopoulos interview.

ETA- I think what 92tide said is part of the purpose. To show how unhinged Trump continues to be as if we needed more evidence.

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
You folks do realize that exercising the powers of the 25th amendment just means Trump goes and Pence becomes president so the White House is still Republican.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Doesn't this require that Pence would initiate it with the approval of the cabinet. If so, that will never happen. Trump could sit in the oval office and fling his poo at anyone who enters and they wouldn't care.

Reactions: MobtownK

Im_on_dsp

All-SEC
Oct 10, 2007
Canton, GA
Trump has become extremely dangerous. Pence is terrible, but he isn't Trump and he would only be in office a short time.
Maybe so but the first thing he'll do is pardon Trump for any and all crimes the next administration may try to charge him with. If Trump remains in office until inauguration he can't pardon himself (or can he?).

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You folks do realize that exercising the powers of the 25th amendment just means Trump goes and Pence becomes president so the White House is still Republican.
i would wager that everyone reading this board is well aware of this, but thanks for the schoolhouse rock lesson anyway.

the 25th is not going to be invoked. but if somehow it was, pence is a complete moron and would be in charge of an absolute charlie foxtrot three weeks out from an election. everything is falling apart around them and it is getting worse. remove trump from that scene and it will be an unimaginable crapshow

trump is a cult leader. when cult leaders are removed, things don't usually go well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.