2021 Prospect: 3* DT Tim Keenan Commits to Bama

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Not sure that I understand this one, but Saban is pretty good at this.
Tim is a 4* on Rivals but I get what you are saying. Our guys are usually higher ranked. Tim and the staff have known each other since Tim's freshman year so they have a long history. UGA was all over him and I assume we did not want Kirby to pick-up a Birmingham kid. We will know if it was the right decision in 2-3 years.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Tim is a 4* on Rivals but I get what you are saying. Our guys are usually higher ranked. Tim and the staff have known each other since Tim's freshman year so they have a long history. UGA was all over him and I assume we did not want Kirby to pick-up a Birmingham kid. We will know if it was the right decision in 2-3 years.
Basically, that is what it boiled down to..Alabama likes to win the state. Coach Saban still sees it important to make sure that we have Bama kids on Alabama's roster. Keenan was recruited by other SEC schools (heavily by UGA), and we only had 3 in state commitments. Alabama took 3 to 4 in state kids a few years ago, and it did not go over well. It is important to have a presence in state and keep pipelines open at certain schools. Now of course, the staff won't just take an in state kid that they don't feel could contribute, or don't fit the program. Keenan has talent, and needs to get his weight under control. He wouldn't be the first recruit at Bama that fits that description. DJ Dale from Clay Chalkville was similar, and he started his freshman year over more highly rated recruits. Just wanted to give some insight what I was hearing on the staff's decision on this take.

Last edited:

Guido

Scout Team
Feb 24, 2017
Basically, that is what it boiled down to..Alabama likes to win the state. Coach Saban still sees it important to make sure that we have Bama kids on Alabama's roster. Keenan was recruited by other SEC schools (heavily by UGA), and we only had 3 in state commitments. Alabama took 3 to 4 in state kids a few years ago, and it did not go over well. It is important to have a presence in state and keep pipelines open at certain schools. Now of course, the staff won't just take an in state kid that they don't feel could contribute, or don't fit the program. Keenan has talent, and needs to get his weight under control. He wouldn't be the first recruit at Bama that fits that description. DJ Dale from Clay Chalkville was similar, and he started his freshman year over more highly rated recruits. Just wanted to give some insight what I was hearing on the staff's decision on this take.
Ithe instate point from this poster is spot on. Have to take local kids if possible. I'm wondering if the new strength coaches didn't play a role in the thinking here. So far we have had success with sopsher and his weight and tim has a similar body type. Those 2 coaches may end up being a real steal.

Keeter

All-American
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Any time you take one that Self Haircut wanted, it's a good thing..................and we all know how some 3 stars turned out recently

sanjosecrimson

All-American
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Keenan was measured officially and he is closer to 6'2 than 6' feet as some have claimed.
he currently comes in at 330lbs. with our S&C program, staff would probably want him around 315 lbs.
he is a very strong kid and actually nimble and fast for his size. he just needs conditioning before contributing. if his first game is an indicator for the season, I expect his rankings will rise and all the star gazers will be happy.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFansStore.com - up to 65% off!

TideFansStore.com Purchases made through our TideFansStore.com link may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.