2020 Prospect: 4* DE Alfred Collins

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
If we have spot left for him, we will take him.... that's what Jam said.
Coach flew out there Monday for an in home so room may not be a prob. Of course, I am sure they were looking at other kids while they were out there but the effort to see Collins after he officially visited us back in September would indicate how much we want this guy.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Yes, that is my assumption as well. If were were lucky enough to get them both then there would be reshuffling somewhere else IMHO.
if we somehow got both i think jayson jones will settle somewhere else. just not enough spots, numbers are very tight.

Last edited:

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I think Burroughs is a take no matter what. Collins projects more at DE and Jackson and Burroughs are DT's.
my bad, i was thinking of jayson jones, not burroughs. i think we finish with big mac, rakestraw, burroughs, and hopefully baker. still chaps my booty that we missed out on one of our 2 big TE targets, i think in a couple of years in the future, this will hurt.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
my bad, i was thinking of jayson jones, not burroughs. i think we finish with big mac, rakestraw, burroughs, and hopefully baker. still chaps my booty that we missed out on one of our 2 big TE targets, i think in a couple of years in the future, this will hurt.
It will hurt because they’re good somewhere else, we’ll have talent at the position...

Reactions: TiderJack

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
if we somehow got both i think jayson jones will settle somewhere else. just not enough spots, numbers are very tight.
Someone on another board was speculating that due to the numbers crunch, there will need to be 6 more players transfer plus one player for each February signee. Not sure if true, but that seems like it would be very tight.

I wish nobody would transfer, but I know it will be difficult for the players and Saban to make those decisions. I also wish the scholarship numbers would be at 90 or 95 instead of 85. I guess that won't change anytime soon though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Someone on another board was speculating that due to the numbers crunch, there will need to be 6 more players transfer plus one player for each February signee. Not sure if true, but that seems like it would be very tight.

I wish nobody would transfer, but I know it will be difficult for the players and Saban to make those decisions. I also wish the scholarship numbers would be at 90 or 95 instead of 85. I guess that won't change anytime soon though.
There are a few kickers/punters that should move on. Wonder if they will.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I posted an article that said we had 90 on scholarship not counting the 4 commits and the 2-3 targets we are pursuing so thinking there will be at least 6 more players to transfer as well as possible blue/grey shirts.

Attrition happens every year with with the classes we sign every year. Just part of the game. If you moved the number to 90-95 we would still have oversigning and attrition.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
After watching Bone's podcast not so optimistic about Collins. We have another in home next week but he has only been to Tuscaloosa once and will not return before signing day. He was at UT last weekend and has been there several times since it is such a short trip for him. He is probably all burnt orange.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Collins was always going to be a tough “get” . As you said Bastrop is basically in UTw ‘s backyard. Not saying CNS hasn’t done it before, but it is a large hill to climb.

I think I read his mother also played at UTw if I’m not mistaken. Certain that adds to the difficulty at well.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa

Yes, with the ease of transferring and getting immediately eligible these days, I definitely wish they would up the scholarship limit to 90.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL

I saw a report that Nigel Knott has entered the portal so there is 1, I am sure the numbers will work out as usual.

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006
Yes, with the ease of transferring and getting immediately eligible these days, I definitely wish they would up the scholarship limit to 90.
I could see the possibility of the following-
1 Kicker
1 OLB (PT will be better at smaller school)
1 ILB (looking for more PT at a smaller school)
1-2 More DB’s (PT at smaller school)
1 Wr (PT smaller school)
Just me looking at a couple of players that I don’t see getting much playing time next year and with numbers may be urged to do so.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.