4 Heisman Finalists Announced Today

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I agree with everything he said. I have never understood why people who do not even care about college football are allowed to vote for it's highest award. It would be like me voting for the best MLS player when I can't even name a single one. This is also what has driven the award to become a QB stats award (19 times since 2000). Those that don't care about the sport just google stats and QB stats are listed first on most sites so, that's as far as they read.

Hooker not getting an invite is a joke. His stats are almost better than all 4 of these guys and Hooker missed a game.

Last edited:

REBELZED

All-American
Dec 6, 2006
You're reading too much into my point...I'm talking strictly about end results...hard facts.
Which QBs have rings?
Jalen, Tua, and Mac have rings so it's not only the game managers...

We (and everybody else) win championships when we have good teams, not just when we have game managers.

Reactions: B1GTide

imaloyalone

Super Moderator
Jan 9, 2005
Northport, AL
The Heisman Trophy vote is a joke. We all knew it last year when Anderson was jilted and it's been further confirmed this year. The 2nd team all-SEC QB is in NYC while the 1st teamer is sitting on his couch... that's embarrassing.

Reactions: UAllday and B1GTide

UAH

All-American
Nov 27, 2017
The Heisman Trophy vote is a joke. We all knew it last year when Anderson was jilted and it's been further confirmed this year. The 2nd team all-SEC QB is in NYC while the 1st teamer is sitting on his couch... that's embarrassing.
Anything ESPN touches will ultimately turn to a dog and pony show. The Heisman is so far away from being an objective determination of the best player in the sport as to become completely irrevelent except for those who get paid to do Nissan commercials in the future.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
How does a injury late in the season somehow disqualify you from being Heisman worthy, especially when your stats were pretty much consistent all year? It’s kinda like what happened to Tua in 2018 when he got hurt in the SECCG

That award is getting tainted by the moment

graydogg85

1st Team
Feb 7, 2006
Huntsville, AL
Seemed like nobody stood out this year. Hooker had a strong year, but the Georgia game and the injury slowed his momentum.
Agreed. This season was unusual in that regard; seems like there are typically at least 1-2 guys who are obvious choices and I don't think we really had that this season.

Reactions: Con

MILEHIGHTIDE

1st Team
Apr 9, 2011
Talk about a weird bizarro year overall, am I the only one who did not even realize the heisman was tonight. Just no hype this year.

Guess BAMA basketball occupied my sports day today.

RTR

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
Humble....the heisman poses, the strutting across the goal line, the fingernail painting.....yep, one humble guy.....he makes Kyler Murray look like a saint

Reactions: B1GTide

denver

All-American
Nov 11, 2017
2 losses and no class - worst Heisman ever. Not a good year for candidates but this choice seems a stretch

Last edited:
Reactions: Bamaatthebeach

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.