2021 Prospect: 4* LB Ian Jackson

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Idk I’m not high on drew sanders I seen him pushed around the field too much. Can’t watch the highlights you gotta watch the full games. I just think he’s body isn’t ready he’s not strong enough yet. I seen will Anderson play in the all start game in San Antonio he’s a monster
I'm pretty high on both Sanders and Anderson and actually think they could become an even better combo of Tim WIlliams/Ryan Anderson, where they are both great, but have different areas of advantage. W Anderson right now is a lot like Tim Williams. He's a special edge rusher. His first step is insanely fast, but there's a lot of development needed in other areas (using hands, keeping outside leverage, etc) and a lot of his highlights come from him gashing inside the OT to make a play - something he won't have a lot of freedom to do in our standard defense - that could limit him early to situational stuff. Sanders is like R Anderson and is a bit more well rounded. He's a really good rusher, but not as good as W anderson. he uses his hands a lot better, maintains outside leverage more both rushing the passer as well as against the run game, and has shown the ability to set the edge but still play off the OT once he diverts the play back inside.

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
I'm pretty high on both Sanders and Anderson and actually think they could become an even better combo of Tim WIlliams/Ryan Anderson, where they are both great, but have different areas of advantage. W Anderson right now is a lot like Tim Williams. He's a special edge rusher. His first step is insanely fast, but there's a lot of development needed in other areas (using hands, keeping outside leverage, etc) and a lot of his highlights come from him gashing inside the OT to make a play - something he won't have a lot of freedom to do in our standard defense - that could limit him early to situational stuff. Sanders is like R Anderson and is a bit more well rounded. He's a really good rusher, but not as good as W anderson. he uses his hands a lot better, maintains outside leverage more both rushing the passer as well as against the run game, and has shown the ability to set the edge but still play off the OT once he diverts the play back inside.
He might be ready after all this time in the Wright room tho who knows he’s a nice tall athlete
I agree tremendously both guys are a significant upgrade from the guys we got.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Idk I’m not high on drew sanders I seen him pushed around the field too much. Can’t watch the highlights you gotta watch the full games. I just think he’s body isn’t ready he’s not strong enough yet. I seen will Anderson play in the all start game in San Antonio he’s a monster
You are watching video that I do not have access to so I don't know about getting pushed around. I would think a 5* would not get pushed around but may be wrong. I love Will Anderson and think he will be a star but think he may a 3rd down pass rusher to start.

Reactions: The Ols

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
You are watching video that I do not have access to so I don't know about getting pushed around. I would think a 5* would not get pushed around but may be wrong. I love Will Anderson and think he will be a star but think he may a 3rd down pass rusher to start.
Honestly bro you can’t go by the rankings because I don’t Eddie jackson proved to me that rankings aren’t accurate. Plus most of those guys that’s ranking them never even played college ball. But I think his high school just depended on him a lot so I’m sure he’s a lot stronger now.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Honestly bro you can’t go by the rankings because I don’t Eddie jackson proved to me that rankings aren’t accurate. Plus most of those guys that’s ranking them never even played college ball. But I think his high school just depended on him a lot so I’m sure he’s a lot stronger now.
I think those ranking guys knew what they were talking about since we have won 8 or 9 recruiting rankings and winning 5 NC's with Saban. I think you are foolish to dis-regard them. There are obviously exceptions to the rule like Eddie and Javy.

Reactions: Con and The Ols

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I think those ranking guys knew what they were talking about since we have won 8 or 9 recruiting rankings and winning 5 NC's with Saban. I think you are foolish to dis-regard them. There are obviously exceptions to the rule like Eddie and Javy.
agreed. there are always exceptions on both ends; a few guys who are somehow un-noticed and a few 5 star guys who don't pan out, but overall they get it right way, way more than they get it wrong.

whether the analysts played college ball or not is immaterial, each position has a set of ideal or prototypical characteristics, and the analysts job is to see how well a certain player performs along those lines. If they would have had to have played the sport at they level they were rating for, we never would have heard about the economist from Moneyball.

Reactions: TiderJack

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
agreed. there are always exceptions on both ends; a few guys who are somehow un-noticed and a few 5 star guys who don't pan out, but overall they get it right way, way more than they get it wrong.

whether the analysts played college ball or not is immaterial, each position has a set of ideal or prototypical characteristics, and the analysts job is to see how well a certain player performs along those lines. If they would have had to have played the sport at they level they were rating for, we never would have heard about the economist from Moneyball.
Agreed and good thing having experience at something you do is not a prerequisite. Bill Walsh never played NFL football but.... Current KC Chiefs HC Todd Haley never played football.

Reactions: Con

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.