2023 Recruiting: 4* QB Dylan Lonergan commits to Bama

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
Jam, I get it. We didn't get woods YET, but man are we loaded in the QB room? I've been around a while, can't remember a QB room at BAMA that was this talented. Could these be a hurts, tua, Mac type deal?
You are spot on!!..I mean I think we could win with Jalen Milroe THIS year...May have to tweak how we play. But he is an outstanding talent,athlete,leader,and young man. And who in the world doesnt like Ty Simpson's game?....BUT...enter the Portal world and both these young men are going to want to headline this program,or some program, at the most important of all positions...QB...And IF you play 2 you dont have any. Both of these young men are going to be Very successful Power-5 QBs somewhere I really think.Hopefully both in TitleTown. But I wouldnt bet on it.

Those 2 youngsters,Eli and Dylan, have a great amount of athleticism and talent also!!!

Tide Fans also should remember that we have commitments from 2/3 top CBs(A premium position) in this class more than likely,although Mitchell could/can play safety.We have also secured a pledge from possibly the top LB in the 23 cycle.At least a young man who could/will start inside on Day 1...Not bad so far....The sky isnt falling :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: seebell

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I mean I think we could win with Jalen Milroe THIS year...May have to tweak how we play. But he is an outstanding talent,athlete,leader,and young man.

The sky isnt falling :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I appreciate your caveat that we'd have to "tweak how we play" with JM. I'm also assuming you are considering a situation with Bryce going down with an injury and JM being chosen over TS.

So, if it happened would it be worth "tweaking how we play" over going to TS? IDK?

With this year's defense (how good we think it'll be)? Maybe. But I think this scenario assumes TS would be a TO machine and isn't ready.

I just wonder if a guy named Jalen Hurts would have never played for Bama if we'd even be having this conversation? Only reason I say that is I don't ever want to see us struggle on offense like we did early in JH's tenure. It's what led us to Tua and I really never want to go back to an offense that can't pass the ball downfield.

BTW, agree fully with "the sky isn't falling!"

Patton

1st Team
Nov 10, 2021
I appreciate your caveat that we'd have to "tweak how we play" with JM. I'm also assuming you are considering a situation with Bryce going down with an injury and JM being chosen over TS.

So, if it happened would it be worth "tweaking how we play" over going to TS? IDK?

With this year's defense (how good we think it'll be)? Maybe. But I think this scenario assumes TS would be a TO machine and isn't ready.

I just wonder if a guy named Jalen Hurts would have never played for Bama if we'd even be having this conversation? Only reason I say that is I don't ever want to see us struggle on offense like we did early in JH's tenure. It's what led us to Tua and I really never want to go back to an offense that can't pass the ball downfield.

BTW, agree fully with "the sky isn't falling!"
I dont know. I will say that J Hurts was at 1st a 1-read QB for the most part. And a 1-side of the field guy and when it wasnt there? He bailed.Sometimes for big yardage. Too many times just to the sidelines to the right. Many times unsuccessfully. However.....In his 3 years at Alabama they played in the Title game each year. He completed 63% of his balls for The Tide for over 5600 yards +48 TDs.Averaged 8 YPA.He also ran the ball for nearly 2000 yds +23 TDs,at over 5 YPC(Including sacks)..

Then he leaves and has a fantastic Heisman Trophy Finalist year for Sooner,where he accounts for over 5100 Total yards and 52 TDs. And he is a starting QB in the NFL!!..Tough crowd :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ..But Jalen Hurts could play for me any day...But I do get what you mean..I dont know who wins the job if Bryce has to miss extended time. But I do believe we could win with both of them. It might just look a little different.Whatever it may take to get the W..

Reactions: FaninLA

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I dont know. I will say that J Hurts was at 1st a 1-read QB for the most part. And a 1-side of the field guy and when it wasnt there? He bailed.Sometimes for big yardage. Too many times just to the sidelines to the right. Many times unsuccessfully. However.....In his 3 years at Alabama they played in the Title game each year. He completed 63% of his balls for The Tide for over 5600 yards +48 TDs.Averaged 8 YPA.He also ran the ball for nearly 2000 yds +23 TDs,at over 5 YPC(Including sacks)..

Then he leaves and has a fantastic Heisman Trophy Finalist year for Sooner,where he accounts for over 5100 Total yards and 52 TDs. And he is a starting QB in the NFL!!..Tough crowd :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: ..But Jalen Hurts could play for me any day...But I do get what you mean..I dont know who wins the job if Bryce has to miss extended time. But I do believe we could win with both of them. It might just look a little different.Whatever it may take to get the W..
I'm not saying he didn't improve...he did... (took going to the bench behind Tua and eventually to OU to do so though)...and I know he's starting at Philly.

Was referring to his early tenure. All I'm saying is I don't want us to field a team with a QB like that again. Could we probably win with that again (if forced into that with injury)? Maybe...just wouldn't be as fun. That's all I'm saying.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Yeah he was. Better even in JAWS. Bob was a big drinker. Story is that in the famous and fabulous scene where he describes the sinking of the Indianapolis, he was actually drunk as a skunk. Even at his young age director Spielberg knew the old man could pull it off. Truly a professional actor.
100% true. He was drunk. He felt it was the only way to be authentic. Watch the scene and look at his eyes. You can tell which scenes are from when he was drunk. They did takes where he was sober and takes where he was drunk. He was flawless in both. Maybe because he was drunk is why he gets the actual date wrong?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.