sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Way different body types. Maye has the bigger arm and, given his basketball prowess, is a very good athlete for his size (he's still growing). But Milroe doesn't run. He glides, with great awareness of what's happening around him, not unlike Maye. Milroe also plays better competition -- even though Charlotte high school football is light years better than it was a decade ago.
Speaking of gliding, Milroe was clock at 4.8 in the 40 during his sophomore year.
That's plenty fast for anyone esp. at the QB position.

Reactions: The Ols

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I guess the recruiting tactic against Saban about he is getting old and will retire soon isn't working for opposing programs.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
The one thing that sticks out to me is he seems to have good footwork for a high school player. That's where Jalen Hurts was always weak, he was good when running the ball but he took too many sacks due to his footwork. Footwork is also critical to making adjusted throws to the 2ndary receiver.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
Yesterday Jalen Milroe and Tompkins HS lost to Auburn QB commit Demetrius Davis and Northshore in the Texas state playoffs. I could see these two being the qbs in the iron bowl in several years. Demetrius Davis is 43-1 as a starter.
It helps when you have Jaeden Roberts protecting you. ;)
In all seriousness, Northshore has become a powerhouse in Texas.
Zach Evans was from Northshore as well.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.