4 Star DE/DT Rashad Cheney Updates

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 4 Star DE/DT Rashad Cheney

He must be the person Pierce Quick was referencing in a tweet earlier today about some big news coming for UA tomorrow.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: 4 Star DE/DT Rashad Cheney

https://247sports.com/Player/Rashad-Cheney-46039133

BOL staff predicting he will commit to Bama. He is scheduled to announce tomorrow around 11 am Central Time.
Cheney was previously committed to Georgia. He unofficially stop by Tuscaloosa last Friday and was blown away according
to sources. Despite his current rankings which will doesn't much at this stage , Bama staff is very high on him.
Super news if accurate! Need as many quality D linemen as we can get this cycle. :)

prayfast14

BamaNation Citizen
Mar 13, 2016
Re: *** 4 Star DE/DT Rashad Cheney Commits to Alabama ****

Welcome Mr Cheney! Roll Tide![emoji208][emoji208][emoji208]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Especially nice that we beat Kirby and the dawgs for this young man.
I think I read somewhere where there`s something like 30-40 some odd 4-5* players in Georgia this year, which borders on the obscene. Kirby can`t get them all, just by virtue of sheer numbers if nothing else. UGA should have every reason to expect the # 1 class again and not even have to leave the state of Georgia, for pity`s sake !

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA

I read that it was a mutual parting of ways since UGA got commits of some higher rated DL. Kirby is good but I trust CNS's evaluations more. He has great potential to be able to commit, to Bama, this early.
Welcome to the Tide family young man.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I think I read somewhere where there`s something like 30-40 some odd 4-5* players in Georgia this year, which borders on the obscene. Kirby can`t get them all, just by virtue of sheer numbers if nothing else. UGA should have every reason to expect the # 1 class again and not even have to leave the state of Georgia, for pity`s sake !
UGA does venture out to recruit contrary to what most believe. their heralded 2018 class ( 26 commits) , 10 were out state.
that's more than 1/3 of their class.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

I read that it was a mutual parting of ways since UGA got commits of some higher rated DL. Kirby is good but I trust CNS's evaluations more. He has great potential to be able to commit, to Bama, this early.
Welcome to the Tide family young man.
Cheney was the only DT in their 2019 class thus far. Cheney is elite , make no mistake about it. Bama staff is very high on him and rightfully so.
here is an excerpt from one of the best evaluators in the business, Steve Wilifong:

"Quickness, good feet and balance, moves well laterally, changes direction well for a big man, shoots gaps, powerful hands. Offensive linemen seem to just bounce off him while he's moving forward toward the ball. Another nice pickup for the Crimson Tide"

I expect him to move up in the rankings before its all said and done.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

UGA does venture out to recruit contrary to what most believe. their heralded 2018 class ( 26 commits) , 10 were out state.
that's more than 1/3 of their class.
I`m sure they do and I`m sure they will. Just pointing out that GA is so ridiculously overloaded with apparently elite talent that they really wouldn`t have to.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA

I`m sure they do and I`m sure they will. Just pointing out that GA is so ridiculously overloaded with apparently elite talent that they really wouldn`t have to.
True................but Clemson, UT, LSU and a few other schools are going after Georgia's recruits, so Kirby doesn't have an exactly easy road anymore

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

No that I pay much attention to this ranking business but we have moved to #9 on rivals. Things that jump out are 43% of Kirby's class are 5 stars. Ole Miss is racking up the 3 stars.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

No that I pay much attention to this ranking business but we have moved to #9 on rivals. Things that jump out are 43% of Kirby's class are 5 stars. Ole Miss is racking up the 3 stars.
Things seem to indicate that Kirby`s a ruthless snake in the grass but we`ve always known he can flat damn recruit.

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

Things seem to indicate that Kirby`s a ruthless snake in the grass but we`ve always known he can flat damn recruit.
There is no way he cant have a great recruiting year this season. The state of Georgia is loaded with talent this year and a good many are five stars. Most any coach would land a top 10 class with that situation, with it being Kirby they will be a top 3 for sure. Like it or not they are going to be the beast of the East for a while. Florida and Tenn, should be able to compete with them in another a year or so but UGA ain't going nowhere anytime soon.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.