4 US citizens missing after being assaulted and kidnapped in Mexico were targeted by mistake, US official says

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I know bad things can happen anywhere, anytime, but man, northern Mexico seems to be largely lawless.

This would be terrifying...

Four US citizens who crossed in a white minivan with North Carolina license plates were abducted on Friday shortly after crossing into Matamoros, Mexico, CNN previously reported.

The photos obtained by CNN show a woman looking and then sitting next to three bodies outside a white minivan. All the doors of the van were open.

The woman then appears to have been loaded onto the bed of a white pickup truck, the photos show. Several bodies could be seen on the street next to the pickup truck, the photos show.
4 US citizens missing after being assaulted and kidnapped in Mexico were targeted by mistake, US official says

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
My wife is a Latina and has never been to Mexico. We talk about it a lot because it is on her bucket list of things to do before the dies. Can't say I blame her; I'd love to go to Ireland, myself. Still, when I see stuff like this, it's a bit of an understatement to say that I have reservations about actually making that trip. I want her to be able to fulfill this dream, but still......

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
I've wanted to go to Mexico for a long time, but I just can't with all of this kind of nonsense going on. But, I've also heard that Mexicans see our school shootings and random mass shootings from their side and think we're just gunning down our own citizens at random as well. If only we could figure out what the common thread is here and fix it...nah, maybe next century.

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
I've wanted to go to Mexico for a long time, but I just can't with all of this kind of nonsense going on. But, I've also heard that Mexicans see our school shootings and random mass shootings from their side and think we're just gunning down our own citizens at random as well. If only we could figure out what the common thread is here and fix it...nah, maybe next century.
Weren't you listening to Woody Harrelson? Both countries are run by drug cartels.... :p

mdb-tpet

All-SEC
Sep 2, 2004
Weren't you listening to Woody Harrelson? Both countries are run by drug cartels.... :p
Drugs and guns, what could go wrong? It would like be extra super smart if we could make a Federal agency responsible for managing both of those.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
You'd have to pay me a lot to go to Mexico. I understand at least one of the victims was there for medical tx, but you just hear of these kidnappings so often that it's taking too much of a risk to cross the border. I suspect all four are dead by now.

Most here know I have a Chinese daughter. I've refused to take her to China because of my paranoia that she may be kidnapped from her "rich American parents."

CrimsonJazz

All-American
May 27, 2022
You'd have to pay me a lot to go to Mexico. I understand at least one of the victims was there for medical tx, but you just hear of these kidnappings so often that it's taking too much of a risk to cross the border. I suspect all four are dead by now.

Most here know I have a Chinese daughter. I've refused to take her to China because of my paranoia that she may be kidnapped from her "rich American parents."
I have some friends in Pensacola who adopted a Chinese baby about 12 years ago. The process was an ordeal and they were decidedly not well-received over there. Still, it finally happened and they are a very happy family.

Reactions: Bazza

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Drugs and guns, what could go wrong? It would like be extra super smart if we could make a Federal agency responsible for managing both of those.
I think we`ve got all the Federal agencies we need. What we don`t have is effective enforcement of the laws we already have pertaining to both of those things and the people who abuse them.

• Full Banjeaux!
Reactions: Bazza

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Don`t think I`m interested in vacationing ( and spending my Yankee dollars ) in any place where I would have concerns for my safety at the level that I would in Mexico.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Never been. Don’t want to go. Don’t think I’ve missed anything.

I’m fair-skinned, old, used to be blond, and have blue eyes. I’m a target just walking around. Don’t think I’ll ever make that trip.

Reactions: Ole Man Dan

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Never been. Don’t want to go. Don’t think I’ve missed anything.

I’m fair-skinned, old, used to be blond, and have blue eyes. I’m a target just walking around. Don’t think I’ll ever make that trip.
I've traveled all over Northern Mexico and down to Mexico City.
No more. These days Gringo's are targeted. Damned shame.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
A strong President should demand the Mexican Army and local Law get on the stick and get our people back. Things like this can make or break Diplomacy.
I don't hate the idea of designating these cartels as terrorist organizations - that unlocks a lot of tools and assets the US can use to combat this issue since Mexico has proven year after year to be incapable of controlling their own problem.

What a clown country.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I know you know this, but the chances of any of them still being alive are slim.

Hope I’m wrong on that.
Pretty sure early eyewitness reports are suggesting three of the four were executed in the street and the fourth was kidnapped.

Mexico is a hellhole. Why anyone would choose to set foot there is beyond me.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.