Game Thread: #5 Clemson at #21 Wake Forest (9/24 @ 11a | ABC)

Cruloc

All-American
Sep 1, 2019
Thats the ball game. Wake Forest doesn't have the athletes to keep up. Ukulele looking good.

Cruloc

All-American
Sep 1, 2019
Wake Forest has a heartbeat. But their D hasn't slowed down Clemson yet.....so....good luck.

Cruloc

All-American
Sep 1, 2019
I walked away for a minute and WF is already punting. That was quick after their D finally got a stop.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I wish Judge would just go ahead and hit the damn homerun so I don't have to have every single game interrupted to see every single one of his at bats.
I honestly don’t get why breaking Maris’s record is significant anymore. 3 people already did it. Are we just going on another “Yankees being Yankees” thing or is Baseball finally ready to only recognize legitimate records.

I get Puljos going for 700 and breaking every at bat because that is a huge accomplishment but unless judge gets close to Bonds then what does it reallymatter?

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: UAH and DzynKingRTR

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I honestly don’t get why breaking Maris’s record is significant anymore. 3 people already did it. Are we just going on another “Yankees being Yankees” thing or is Baseball finally ready to only recognize legitimate records.

I get Puljos going for 700 breaking every at bat because that is a huge accomplishment but unless judge gets close to Bonds then what does it reallymatter?
Judge would set the AL record and most MLB fans have already stop recognizing Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa.

I can't stand the Yankees but what Judge is doing is significant.

It's the 1st Clean 60 HR season in over 60 years.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Judge would set the AL record and most MLB fans have already stop recognizing Bonds, McGwire, and Sosa.

I can't stand the Yankees but what Judge is doing is significant.

It's the 1st Clean 60 HR season in over 60 years.
Well the problem is that baseball has refused to take an official stance on Bonds. Baseball writers have, but until baseball does I don’t see it as a significant record as much as a good hitting season

• Thank You
Reactions: UAH

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
But the other 3 did it during the "Steroid Era" which makes their accomplishment controversial.
Yes but still…. Baseball has yet to wipe the records from the record book. So right now it’s just chasing a Yankee record. Great accomplishment but no one is going to say “I remember on September X, 2022 when Judge hit 62” that isn’t a Yankees fan

Latest threads

Amazon Prime / TideFans.shop

Your purchase through our Amazon affiliation and TideFans.shop links helps support the site! Thanks!